Solugenix India Private Limited
Hyderabad / Secunderabad
|Years of Experience
4 - 8 years
29th Aug 2019
Splunk Engineer / Admin
We at Solugenix are hiring Splunk Engineer / Admin at Begumpet, Hyderabad.
Job Title: Splunk Engineer / Admin
Experience: 4-8 Years.
Job Type: Permanent
Provide overall engineering and design support for a very large distributed state of the art Splunk environment. The Splunk Engineer/Admin would be responsible for enhancing the architecture, performance tuning and Operational support in prod and non-prod environments. The candidate should be familiar with recognizing and onboarding new applications into Splunk, perform trend analysis, build dashboards and make recommendations.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Develop distributed Splunk applications, including requirement gathering, coordinating Splunk setup
• Support, maintain and expand Splunk infrastructure to meet future architecture design and deployment requirements
• Perform basic and advanced scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python
• Design, implement and optimize Splunk applications (to include Enterprise Security), queries, knowledge objects, and data models.
• Develop new dashboards, searches, and alerts to enhance Enterprise Security use cases.
• Deploy Best Practices for developing Splunk Apps and create conceptual architecture for a continuous improvement initiative
• Provide Impact assessment for migration efforts.
• Support Performance Testing and User Acceptance Testing
• Design and implement Custom Searches and reports
• Build PoCs for Splunk enhancements
• Tuning information model, defining reusable templates
• Define reusable view templates, and retention & archival policies
• Provide Impact assessment for migration efforts, and coordinate migration activities
• Mentor and train other System Engineers both onshore and offshore
• 5 years’ experience in managing, designing, configuring Splunk environment.
• 5 years’ experience in Unix environment including administration, scripting or supporting applications.
• Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security Premium Application and Splunk Enterprise.
• Experience in requirement gathering and documentation.
• Experience in developing and supporting Splunk Applications.
• Experience in automation with programming languages like Python, JAVA, .Net and Ansible.
• Experience in technologies like GIT, App Dynamics, JIR and Automation Testing.
• Familiarity with network topology, UDP, TCP, Proxys, Firewalls, Routers, and Switches.
• Familiarity with Phantom, Cloud computing, Web Interfaces, Databases, and Big Data technologies (like Hadoop, Kafka, etc.).
• Understanding of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration.
• Experience in coordinating with offshore support teams/virtual teams.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Nice to have experience in Security information and event management (SIEM).
• Nice to have experience with RTIR.
Education & Certifications:
• Splunk Admin Certification is mandatory.
• A major plus to have Certifications in CISSP, Python, Java, .Net, Ansible /Redhat.
• 4-year degree in Computer Science or 4 years of additional experience in Information Technology.