• Produce Detailed design artefacts such as word document, confluence pages, visio diagrams
• Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Work with the API Build teams to ensure API Management principles are considered and adopted
• Undertake impact assessment of change requests against the API Portals and Platforms.
• Review component designs to ensure compatibility with the end-to-end platform design.
• Review test strategies to guarantee the quality of the delivered changes; assist in the diagnosis of system problems encountered during testing.
• Collaborate with other component design and build teams, ensuring that end-to-end system design is followed.
• Ensure that technical engineering quality standards / benchmarks are met, taking remedial action where there are quality shortfalls.
• Complete technically-complex assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements. Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind.
• Where system development is part of a wider set of interdependent systems changes, collaborate with the Systems Designers from the other areas to ensure end-to-end technical integrity of the development, leading this collaboration when required.
• Experience of working in a cross-functional Agile team
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
• Experience of various automated testing, continuous integration and deployment tools and practices
• Software development; (Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Config)
• DevOps; (Stash, Jenkins, Nexus, Confluence, Sonarqube, Openshift and CHEF)