Job Description:What You'll Do?
Cisco's Service Provider Networking Automation group is looking for an innovative, willing to take action and disruptive engineer for being part of Cisco's SDN Platform team.
The ideal candidate will play a key role on a next generation Service Provider Network Automation Infrastructure team, as a Senior Software Engineer , working in a startup like fast pace environment, developing Cisco's Software Defined Networking Infrastructure Software/Solution with high scalability, performance, openness/extensibility and quality. The VTS India team is growing and so the work is dynamic and this profile expects to switch and wear multiple caps. There might be situations the candidate might have to deep down into network devices to troubleshoot issues. Innovation, thinking outside the box and meaningful the status quo are highly desired.
The candidate might be entrusted with leading scrum teams and will be responsible for delivery of scrum features.Who You'll Work With?
You will work with a team of sharp best-in-class engineers who have between them tens of years of experience. You will also socialise with other groups as product management, marketing, sales, customer support, advanced services. These groups will engage with you to seek mentorship on features, design, and help with answering technical questions. You will also get mentorship from them that will help you design good software in tune with customer expectations.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work well with various development teams across Cisco and drive the development features from concepts to reality. Additional responsibilities include defining API's, working on code reviews, code merges, static analysis etc. Who You Are?You should meet these requirements.
Meeting these requirements give you an advantage
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/MS in CS/EE/IT/ECE, MCA, or similar education, with a minimum score of 70%.
- 10+ years of strong experience in UI and FrontEnd development
- An expert coder and complete go-getter who can pickup new technologies with ease, loves troubleshooting and designing complex performant systems
- Able to decipher mocks, challenge designs and create scalable yet simple solutions
- Strong in Object Oriented Concepts and Design
- Organized, attention to details, able to work both independently and direct a team.
- Passion about producing elegant, maintainable code
- Have worked in processes that use CICD tools like Git, Jenkins and Gerrit and have a working knowledge on these.
- Articulate in speech and presentation and able to brainstorm with Architects and product owners
- Experience with Node and able to design Node applications
- Understanding and working knowledge of REST / JAX-RS Web Services using JSON
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything people, process, data and things and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.