Software EngineerCorporate Title:
Information TechnologyBusiness Unit Description
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Application development delivers solutions that respond to the business needs of the global capital markets with quality, efficiency, and excellence, using innovative technologies and providing secure information management.
AD Derivatives is responsible for the application development and new initiatives in the Global Trade Repository and the Trade information warehouse. The GTR supports mandatory regulatory reporting requirements across several jurisdictions globally and the TIW offers asset servicing for credit derivatives. Position Summary
Builds application components, tests and deploys code. Has awareness of data security, retention, and recovery issues. Can research technologies independently. Develops expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., Executes on the plan by building components, testing, and deploying solutions.
The DTCC AD Software Engineer (SE) applies specific technical knowledge in order to assist in the construction of critical system components. The SE works as part of an AD project team and may interact with the business, Functional Architects, and subject matter experts on related systems. The SE may contribute to the design of components or individual programs, and participates fully in the construction and testing. This involves working with technical contributors at all levels. This position contributes expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support. This means researching specific technologies, and applications, and contributing to the solution design, supporting development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support. The SE must possess good communication and be able to work well on a team. This position requires working closely with the functional and governance functions, and more senior technical resources, and understanding technical designs and specifications.Specific Responsibilities
Leadership Competencies for this level include
- Developing subject matter expertise on one or more programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines.
- Skillset: Data Warehouse (Greenplum experience is preferable)
- Requirements Elaboration – offers feedback to project team during build as issues arise
- Data Modeling – understands data structures
- Is aware of frameworks – leverages frameworks under guidance of more senior technical staff
- System Performance – contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements
- Security – implements solutions and executes test plans working with more senior technical staff to validate security requirements
- Standards – is aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Be able to independently follow design and code standards, contributing to continuous improvement discussions
- Documentation – develops and maintains system documentation
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity
- Specialized Skills
- Good knowledge of Greenplum with data warehouse work experience is preferable
- Must be comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative team
- Full stack software development experience, with strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with and ability to communicate at all levels.
- 4+ years’ experience in application development or system analysis
- Bachelor's degree in technical/computer discipline or related experience required
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.