Cisco is transforming the network with our new product, The Network. Intuitive. Whats that mean? Envision a network that can learn, adapt, detect threats before they happen and protect, just like the human brain. It works this way, because the unique human brains at Cisco innovated to make it happen! No other company has this technology because Cisco employees invented this technology.
Were also dedicated to hiring a diverse group of people. Thus, we want to tell you up front that at first glance, we dont want to know anything about you outside of your skillset - youre you, it doesn't matter.
What does matter is your passion for technology. Can you code and demonstrate your engineering knowledge? When you apply for this job we will send you a link to enable you to show us your coding skills. Well engage with the best and brightest and youll be you, with us. #WeAreCisco.Who Youll work with
This team impacts core technologies and solutions within a new line of products in Routing and Optical. We put customers first, making business contributions in the Service Provider, but we also contribute within Cisco, as a talented team of engineers that work like were in a start-up. Youll be connecting with industry engineering leaders and be on a team sharing the success and innovation.Who you are
You are an engineer who has a solid understanding of Computer Networking solutions with coding experience. You're inquisitive. You're eager to learn new technologies and you love working in a dynamic environment while solving customer problems with creative solutions.Roles and responsibilitiesWehavemultiplepositionsinSoftwaredevelopmentherearesomeoftheresponsibilities:
- Participate with other specialists involved in the development of software for Cisco products
- Use your skill in software design, documentation and implementation
- Actively participate with project teams to build major software releases including but notlimited to:
- Designing and delivering software for Cisco products
- Influencing the design of interfaces between products to ensure interoperability
- Developing large portions of software independently and to scale
- Involve in software quality and sustenance for the software modules
- C programming, data structures and algorithms
- Understanding a complete software development process. You should be able to move from requirements to a working product with minimal or no supervision
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts. Linux Internals is a plus.
- Understanding of one or more of LAN/WAN and Network layer protocols and technologies.
- Pursuing problems of moderate scope involving multiple modules
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Following established processes yet able to develop new processes
- Communication (written and verbal,) team and people skills to share information and work effectively with team members.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything people, process, data and things and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From creating a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to make a difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Dont care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? Thats cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!