Network Operations Center (NOC) Analyst – L2
Looking for a Professional with 6-8 years of experience in Wintel, VMWare, Vblock L4 level operations support with hands-on experience in installing, configuring and managing Wintel, Virtualization and Cloud operations. POSITION SUMMARY
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Sr. Analyst performs technical analysis of system issues and outages as they occur across customer enterprise networks and Cloud Centric environments. He/ She then diagnoses the issue and provide a permanent fix for the same and update the followed procedure in to the KEDB for other engineers to follow. The NOC Analyst is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies and must maintain current and thorough knowledge of customer technologies and their significance to customer operations. This individual must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in a 24 x 7 environment with critical uptime requirements. The NOC analyst may also perform basic system administration tasks such as network/system troubleshooting, patching operating systems and applications, and executing various scripts. TYPICAL DUTIES
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
Hands on Expertise in
- Strong troubleshooting knowledge in Wintel, VMware, Citrix & Cloud infrastructure.
- Preparing root cause analysis & problem management
- Capacity management & proposals
- Interact with global customer and build customer rapport
- Coordinate with various teams for the daily operations, plan and execute scheduled activities.
- Infra management Tools like HP OMI, HP SIM, HP Cloud optimizer etc
- Familiarity in configuring and deploying the VDI like VMW Horizon, Citrix etc.
- Migrations to AWS & Azure cloud infrastructure is needed requirement
- Provide timely resolution to all incidents, outages and performance alerts.
- Coordinate with different technical teams from within organization of remote teams if required for finding a solution.
- Should be familiar with procedures and formalities required for creating a TAC and ensuring that resolution is provided on time.
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents inaccordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Identify issues and risks in the infrastructure and take necessary steps to notify and close the risk.
- Should be familiar with Change Management process, should be able to prepare action plan, Rollback plan, Mitigation plan etc. should review pre and post change activities.
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company operational policies and procedures
- Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status
- Ability to think on feet and provide required remedial activity of all the issues reported to NOC.
- Should have good working knowledge on Cloud based applications preferably on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud apps.
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles
- Perform critical systems testing and operational tasks (installation and configuration of Servers, script execution,scheduling jobs etc.)
- Support multiple technical teams in 24 x 7environment operational environments with high uptime requirements including on call support. Variedshift schedules may include day or evening hours are late nights.
- Work on Active Directory activities, Exchange, O365 Cloud Exchange, Google Corporate Mailbox,
- Working knowledge on Ticketing tools like Manage Engine, Service Now, Remedy etc.
- Working and configuration knowledge on Monitoring tools like Ops Manager, Nagios, Solar winds, Whats up gold etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- VCE Vblock infrastructure with Cisco UCSM
- Windows & VMWare ESXi cluster setup & management
- VM Server migrations
- Server firmware upgrades (HP & Cisco hardware)
- Nexus 1K & VDS
- Windows Server OS & ADMS
- Windows & VMWare patching.
- PowerShell, Python, Ruby scripting & automation
- Degree in Sciences or equivalent
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience supporting and troubleshooting, servers or storage in an enterpriseenvironment. Previous NOC experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of key network monitoring protocolsincluding SNMP, NetFlow, WMI, syslog, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems, Different Hypervisors & Server Class Devices
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonalskills
- Strong customer communication skills, with theability to communicate clearly with customers and technical personnel inhigh-stress situations