Information Technology Department:
Enterprise Test EngineeringJob Title:
Senior Test Automation EngineerCorporate Title:
Senior AssociateJob Family:
Business & Change Management and LeadershipFLSA Code (US Only):
ExemptBusiness Unit Description:
Enterprise Test Engineering provides Testing Engineering Services for software applications supporting DTCC’s businesses. Position Summary:
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a Senior developer in test responsible for design, development and maintenance of automated test solutions. Proficient in Java and/or Selenium he/she should be able to write automated testing solutions. Should possess excellent verbal, written and analytical skills, be able to interact with application development teams, business analysts/SME’s, business users and project managers to understand requirements and communicate status. Principal Responsibilities:
- Use extensive Java experience to design and develop Automated Testing solutions
- Develop and enhance next generation Enterprise Test Engineering Automation solutions in a Continuous Integration environment
- Be a key technical player in contributing the architecture evolution of our software/data Test Automation Frameworks and related capabilities
- Define, design, development, documentation and maintenance of tools and Automation Frameworks for current and next gen Software Platforms/Frameworks as part of an Agile team
- Partner with different stake holders - Product Management, Application Development, DevOps and other Technical teams in planning and coordination
- Document and communicate Automation Framework functions, interfaces, performance criteria, test cases and results to diverse audiences
- Provide guidance, training, and mentoring of Test Engineers and help with the Transition process of an Enterprise Quality Assurance department to Enterprise Test Engineering department.
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
- Develop end-to-end automated test in Java, JS, Selenium to validate system functionality
- Develop automated component test to validate component behavior
- Create and execute system test plan
- Execution and maintenance of automation scripts to support execution against different testing environments
- Integrate automated test with CI/CD pipeline
- Interact with users, business analysts, application development teams to understand business/technical requirements and system design.
- Develop functional and technical expertise for the system supported
- Contribute to overall automation framework design and enhancement
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately.
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
Nice to Have:
- Must have Hands-on experience in Development or Test Automation Framework implementations in Enterprise/Internet commercial software environments with a minimum 5+ years of Java development/programming experience.
- Advanced java development skills, understanding of design patterns, data structures, and experience working in a layered architecture with significant experience applying those skills in test environments
- Must have minimum 4+ years hands on experience in open source tools such as Selenium, TestNG/Junit etc.
- Experience or deep knowledge in Webservice tests and Automation
- Ability to interpret technical designs and specifications and design automated solutions accordingly.
- Experience in CI/CD technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Maven etc.).
- Ability to programmatically test any software product and develop tests for your own code
- Knowledge or experience of automation at all software layers (e.g. UI, services, APIs, etc.)
- Experience selecting and configuring appropriate tools and frameworks to effectively drive automated testing.
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
- Ability to partner with teams and works hands-on to provide support.
- Good understanding of the role of automation in various SDLCs (e.g. agile, scrum, waterfall) and mentor, train and coach resources.
- Experienced in mentoring more junior Automation engineers and providing guidance as needed.
- Ability to work on multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment with extreme multi-tasking and context switching.
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills and debugging and root cause analysis skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in program and quality management, issue management, and communication.
- Self-motivated, methodical problem solver, who is detail and quality oriented
- Self-starter / demonstrated ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Java Certification is a big plus
- Experience in AWS Cloud is highly desirable
- Experience with COTs automation tools such as Unified Functional Test and/or Silk Test is desirable
- Knowledge of Terraform and/or chef is desirable
- Minimum 8-10 years of IT experience and 5+ years in Java development or Test development/ Test Automation.
- Experience as Sr. Java Developer/SDET/Test Automation Engineer in design and development of Applications, Tools or Test Automation Frameworks using any high-level structured programming language.
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.