Informatica Core Technology Connectivity team is responsible for building the connectivity to various different third party systems that will power not only all Informatica on-premise products, but also power Informatica products as a Cloud based service to fully exploit the huge opportunity from today’s megatrends – Cloud, Social and mobile.. Your Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software and experience on framework design and development to join the Connectivity group in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development and delivery of a Connectors for Informatica products. You will own and deliver a parts of enterprise-ready connectivity solution that can work on Cloud as well as on-premise and connects to a wide range of data sources & ecosystems. Our Ideal Candidate
This position is suited for highly energetic self-driven individual who aspires to achieve challenging goals as part of his career objective. We are looking at hiring Senior Software Engineer for the connectivity Dev team at Informatica who shall be responsible for development in the area of connectivity specially on Microsoft Azure eco-system. Your Responsibilities
- Development of new connectors using Java technologies as part of a team that builds an industry-leading web product based on Hadoop technologies. You will be responsible for Designing and developing connectors for different informatica products.
- Writing high quality code using your in-depth knowledge of Java, object oriented concepts, algorithms and data structures.
- Collaborating effectively with peer engineers, and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end components & features.
- Handling customers escalations that are routed to R&D from Global customer support (would require you to re-prioritize your tasks efficiently)
- Gathering and interpreting broad requirement specifications from customers/Product Management that are not yet fully defined.
- Producing techno-functional specs and designs based on high level requirements.
- Estimating efforts, identify risks, meet project schedules.
- Be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast growing distributed workplace
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Working with cross geographical R&D engineering
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other team members
- Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems, and demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer problems).Your Qualification
- BS/MS/MCA/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- 3-6 years of experience in developing innovative enterprise products
- Excellent coding and design skills in Java server-side technologies
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Linux, Tomcat is mandatory
- Experience with database concepts, SQL programming is mandatory
- Exposure to and experience in integration with or functional knowledge of Microsoft Azure services and respective SDKs will be an added advantage
- Working experience in Hadoop technologies like Hbase, Titan, Solr is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Hadoop infrastructure like YARN, Ambari and distributions like Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR is a plus
- Familiarity with open-source frameworks and API standards.
- Strong understanding of Object oriented design and programming.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Agile development process
- Experience in the Cloud Applications will be a strong Plus.