The Core Technology Group (CTG) is the innovation hub within Informatica that is responsible for delivering an extensible, reliable and scalable platform that provides the solid foundation for all other Informatica products. Specifically our team focusses on building a high performance and scalable Data Engine that can scale on multi-processor environments as well on a cluster of nodes. The engine is capable of handling batch, request/response and real-time workloads to deliver data for applications. Here are some of the key areas the team works on:
- Cross compiler to translate representation of a data flow plan from one engine to another such as Hadoop
- Reducing latency and processing time of query operations to return instantaneous results
- Delivering large data sets to client applications with extremely high throughput
- Enable the Data Engine to be available across on-premise, cloud, Hadoop and embedded applications
The Data Engine has been a key constituent of Informatica’s platform and serves multiple products such as Data Services, Data Quality and Profiling. Informatica products rely on the Data Engine to fulfill the vision of a Virtual Data Machine which is capable of executing data integration jobs either natively or across execution environments such as relational databases, Hadoop or cloud. You will be a key contributor to Informatica’s next generation platform and how it handles the volume, velocity and variety of structured and unstructured data. It could be enterprise and partner data from hosted Cloud services and on-premise deployments or arbitrary data from social web sites and media.Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking to hire an engineer who has worked on developing large scale data management or database products. One who has advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that will allow one to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. One who can communicate effectively with geographically separated team members and drive problems to solution. You relish the opportunity to work on building optimizations that improve data processing performance across different use cases that include batch, request/response and real-time systems. Your Responsibilities
- Facilitating the collaboration and engagement between senior members of the team to ensure sound design and implementation of key functionality areas for the product
- Incubating and designing the next generation platform for complex heterogeneous systems and applications involving cutting edge technologies.
- Working closely with architects and development and QA engineers to discuss and evangelize features
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participating in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Ensures high quality of all development work; follows development process without guidance, but with reviews.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Takes ownership and responsibility, keeps management well-informed.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team.
- Guides own work to timely and complete conclusions.
- Organizes own activities reliably; during critical time periods, works hard to achieve tasks.
Representative accountabilities may include, but are not limited to: • Leading and driving the delivery and architecture for significantly large functional areas in the product • Taking ownership for features in the platform that cut across multiple product groups • Designing, implementing, documenting, analyzing and operationalizing platform features clearly to ensure that others may readily utilize them • Interacting with QA and documentation teams to clearly communicate the features and behaviors of the system • Reviewing functional and test specifications and conducting training sessions for global services and support teams • Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problemsYour Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 3 or more years of server-side software development experience, a portion of which was within an enterprise software company
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, analyzing, optimizing, and troubleshooting systems and system related technology
- Design experience preferably with product engineering background
- Object oriented design and programming.
- Strong programming skills (JavaC/C++) and exposure to multi-threaded development.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (including Hadoop) is a plus
- Understanding of Unix/NT systems programming is a plus.