The Enterprise Information Catalog team is part of Informatica’s Core Metadata Group. Enterprise Information Catalog is Informatica's machine-learning-based data catalog that lets you classify and organize data assets across cloud, on-premises, and big data. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise. Your Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development and delivery of a product feature or component. You will work in a fast paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases. Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent coding skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures. Your Responsibilities
As an integral part of the CMG, R&D team you will be responsible for the following –
- Develop high quality re-usable UI components using modern web-technologies as part of a team that builds an industry-leading web product.
- Be very hands-on and own/drive key product features
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers, and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end components & features.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task
- Handle customers escalations that are routed to R&D from Global customer support (would require you to re-prioritize your tasks efficiently)
- Gather and interpret broad requirement specifications from customers/Product Management that are not yet fully defined.
- Produce functional specs and designs based on high level requirements.
- Estimates efforts, identify risks, meet project schedules.
- Develop excellent understanding in breadth and depth of Informatica's products and contribute to future roadmap and goals
- Be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast growing distributed workplace
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other team members
-Good knowledge of web-technologies like Java Servlets, Spring framework, REST is a plus
-3+ years of experience in developing innovative enterprise products
-Familiar with open-source UI frameworks and API standards. -Strong understanding of Object oriented design and programming. -Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills. -Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment. -Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills. -Experience with Open Source technologies: Tomcat, Eclipse, Ant/Maven, Linux. -Familiarity with Agile process will be an added advantage