Senior Manager - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Big4 - CA/CPA/ACCA
Opportunity to work with one of the Big 4 consulting firm for Senior Manager-FAAS
Your key responsibilities :
Business Development :
- Creating and managing good independent relationships with client's senior management.
- Lead preparation of high quality proposals including understanding of market and competition and negotiation of the fees / entry strategy.
- Lead more complex pursuits on a national level and assist in closing successful deals.
- Participates in building brand of the firm / service-line by participating in seminars, meetings or conferences organized by professional bodies / trade associations.
- Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Provide perspective to clients on trends and emerging accounting advisory practices in the local and global market in relation to client's operations.
- Participate in becoming a Trusted Business Advisor.
Quality service :
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting framework (Indian GAAP and IFRS; US GAAP knowledge preferred) and laws like the Companies Act, Income-tax Act and SEBI Act. Demonstrate from your wide industry, business and technical knowledge to help the client resolve complex issues and improve performance by providing sound value based solutions.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in discussing issues with senior management and /or audit committee.
- Provide real-time practical recommendations to add value to the clients business and improve the internal control environment through Management Letters.
- Review delegated work at suitable milestones.
Operational excellence :
- Possess a thorough understanding of IGAAP and/or IFRS and/or US GAAP financial reporting in complex/large companies, most likely in compete audit/advisory/transaction vertical or MNC finance/M&A environment
- Effective engagement management from client setup to engagement closure including progressive billing and timely collection to minimize combined investment.
- Leverage relationships to increase business from existing clients; find ways to optimize costs and monitor utilization.
- Create a climate of high performance in the team.
- Work across service-lines.
- Provides real-time constructive feedback to team members.
- Participate in development of training programme and delivery of training. Desired Candidate Profile
Skills and attributes for success :
- Strong IGAAP and/or IFRS and/or US GAAP financial reporting experience in complex/large companies, most likely in Big 4 audit/advisory/transaction vertical or
- MNC finance/M&A environment - Ability to explain complex accounting and financial reporting issues simply
- Advisory mind-set, ability to develop solutions for the client with support from technical subject matter experts
- Business development skills and aptitude, depending on level.
- In applicants at Senior Manager and above, a strong track record of business development is expected Specific financial reporting experience in at least one of the following :
a. Transactions (acquisitions, carve outs, demergers, restructuring) Preparation for IPO including listing rules in India/UK/US Complex consolidation structure in an MNC environment including implementation of ERP/consolidation IT system Tax planning and complex structures Developing and delivering technical training
Specific financial reporting topics : revenue recognition; financial instruments; off-balance sheet financing; consolidation and SPEs; banking; insurance; Strong project management skills
To qualify for the role you must have :
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) A minimum of 9-11 years post qualification experience in Accounting Advisory under Indian GAAP.
Additional : Qualification akin to CA (e.g.: CPA, ACCA), Certificates course on IFRS/ USGAAP.