Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC) is part of Core Metadata Group (CMG) team which is responsible for machine-learning based data catalog to enable organizations to classify, organize and search data assets across Cloud, On-Premise and Big Data systems. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise.Your Opportunity
You have an opportunity to manage and lead a high-performing development team for both UI and development of next generation Cloud and On-Premise offering of the Catalog application. You will be based in Bangalore to work closely with the EDC and CMG teams. You will own and deliver entire UI for the Cloud and On-Premise application working with UX, VX and services teams across releases.Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a Senior Development Manager with proven record of developing and delivering enterprise grade software. Should possess high standards of excellence to strengthen EDC application charter. The candidate should have excellent management and delivery skills combined with several years of hands-on experience in Java Enterprise Software Development. One who can collaborate with different teams to deliver the product on time with great quality. Should be self-motivated who can work with least amount of supervision and be a champion for the development team.Your Responsibilities
As one of the leaders in the EDC/CMG team, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and leading development team towards new releases for both the Cloud and On-Premise products.
- To work closely with Software Engineers and Architects to come up with technical design, estimates and release plans.
- Working with UX and VX teams to review the wireframes/patterns and get the UI developed according to specifications.
- Collaborate effectively with peers, including: Backend/Services managers, QA managers, Architects, Product Managers, UX/VX Leads, Program Managers and Documentation Managers.
- Leading the teams towards release goals by adopting and following Agile software development methodologies.
- Working with Customer Support organization to deliver Hot Fixes, Emergency Bug Fixes and patches as needed.
- Helping to develop high-performing team by participating in hiring of engineers and conduct performance reviews for direct reports.
- Honoring and adhering to company policies and code of conduct.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to the team members.
- Reporting to the Director of Development on all aspects of product development.
- Bachelor’s, or Master’s, or above degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in developing innovative enterprise products, of which 5+ years was in management role.
- A track record of delivering multi-year Enterprise software products, including upgrades and maintenance packs.
- Experience conducting performance reviews and developing engineers.
- Experience developing technical and project proposals is mandatory. Exposure to/direct experience with customer support is desired.
- Hands-on experience in UI technologies/frameworks like jQuery, React.JS, Jasmine.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Good interpersonal skills, including interactions with executive management.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, debugging and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in managing development of Cloud, Big Data and distributed technologies will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to applications like Oracle, SAP, Tableau, Salesforce, Workday, QlikView, etc. will be a plus.
- Experience in REST API development and use.