Ummeed is one of Indias premier non-profit organizations providing family-centered care to children with developmental disabilities and their families. We believe that all children with developmental disabilities can be included in society and reach their maximum potential, if given the chance. As an organization with a workforce of over 90 committed professionals, Ummeeds transdisciplinary approach works towards:
- Supporting children in overcoming their disabilities through direct clinical services and helping families in their journey towards acceptance and empowerment
- Building a cadre of trained professionals and community workers who can prevent, diagnose, and manage developmental disabilities effectively
The team at Ummeed is a diverse group of highly passionate, motivated and talented individuals. Ummeed offers its team members opportunities to grow professionally and personally, inculcating and reflecting a strong culture of supervision and mentorship and the space for continued learning. About the Position
The Communications department at Ummeed plays a pivotal role in building awareness in the child development and developmental disabilities space. It works on creating and disseminating information about Ummeed, its services and the disability sector through impactful collaterals and documentation.
They are looking for a Senior Manager Communications who will support the team in building this awareness. He/she will work closely with the Communications/Awareness Lead at Ummeed to effectively execute the communications strategy and awareness building goals of Ummeed. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who through critical, creative and innovative thinking will be able to fulfill and take forward Ummeeds vision of an inclusive future for all children.
The team has recently expanded to a three-member team that includes the Head of Communications, a Senior Designer and an Executive. This is a growing and developing area at Ummeed with scope and opportunity to grow within the organization as well as to make your mark in the field. Responsibilities would include
: To implement the awareness strategy
- Understanding Ummeed and its role in the development of disabilities space and to establish the expansion of the awareness strategy through multiple formats in collaboration with the Team Head
- Developing a plan to actively engage with publications and media agencies
- Collaborating with the Team Head in building relationships with external partners, vendors, supporters to push the communications strategy
- Supervision and mentoring of junior communication team members
- Working creatively and collaboratively with other departments to inform the content of communications deliverables
- Working and delivering on projects end to end with tight deadlines
- Masters/Bachelors in any stream with seven to ten years of past experience in Communications; Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing or Graphic design skills will be an added advantage
- We are looking for a smart and enthusiastic individual who is a keen and quick learner with a zest to add value to Ummeeds operations and mission, with the ability and willingness to concertedly understand and grow in their knowledge of the developmental disabilities space
- Unhesitant to get his/her hands dirty and hit the ground running
Essential Skills Required
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in communications
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong leadership skills
The Application process
- Knowledge of online analytics and social media strategies
- Fluency in Hindi
: Step 1
: Apply for the job post here to express interest in the role. Step 2
: Now that we know you are interested, the next step involves online screening of your candidature. You will receive an email from our screening partner, Shortlist i.e. www.shortlist.net. The email would include a link where you can complete your application - a few short questions on your experience followed by an assessment to demonstrate our ability to do the job.
Shortlist will keep you updated regularly on whether or not youre shortlisted.