Senior LInux Administrator
Exp: 6-8 Years
We are looking for a Linux administrator who will be responsible for configuring, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure; also, to collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. You will become an integral part of the team, making every problem of the platform a problem of your own, and solving them accordingly.
The Linux system administrators are responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the Linux servers and workstations. They are responsible for maintaining the physical and virtual environments as well as the health of the servers and other devices. They make sure that they provide solutions by complying with the security standards of the company. They support the requests of the users and solve any problems related with the Linux servers and workstations. They are involved in setting up and configuring new systems, installing and maintaining the application software and coordinating the networking connectivity. Invoke audits on servers to identify recent activity trail. They remain updated with the current knowledge in Linux system and are responsible for evaluating the hardware and software technologies. Let us now review in detail the key responsibilities that need to be taken care of by a Linux system administrator:
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Configuring, create and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
- To be involved in designing, implementing, securing and maintaining the computer systems for its test, development and production environment
- To identify and analyze the issues that hamper the performance of the system, and to work in close coordination with the product development team and recommend the solutions for the issues
- To do all the supporting tasks that are included, but not limited to code deployment, managing source control systems, virtual servers, scripting, etc.
- To consider and identify the discrepancies in the system, to assess the risks, and to implement solutions by adhering to the security standards
- To be involved in writing and modifying scripts for application deployments as well as system monitoring
- To be involved in developing and overseeing the backup, replication, clustering and fail over strategies
- To maintain a local patch repository and ability to push updates to remote systems using various tools and scripts.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Good grasp on Virtual and Cloud centric architecture.
- Should have knowledge on scripting languages like Python, Shell, Bash, Power CLI etc.
Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
Strong working knowledge of VM Ware tools and products is mandatory.
- Strong grasp on any configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HA Proxy, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as Xen, VMWare
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Knowledge of servers and switcheshelps
- Manage Web apps, Web Servers and Databases
- Install, remove and update packages & Patching
- Create, delete and modify users and groups.
- Manage filesystempermissions for users and groups.
- Manage network interfaces, printers and printer queues.
- Write shell or other scripts to perform routinesystem admin tasks.
- Degree in Sciences or equivalent
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience supporting and troubleshooting, servers or storage in an enterpriseenvironment. Cloud & Virtualization experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong and exceptional knowledge in VM Ware Virtualization is mandatory.
- Should have relevant and latest certification in Redhat or other linux flavours.
- Understanding of key network monitoring protocolsincluding SNMP, NetFlow, WMI, syslog, etc.
- Commendable Knowledge of various Enterprise level Linux flavors, Different Hypervisors & Server Class Devices
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonalskills
- Strong customer communication skills, with theability to communicate clearly with customers and technical personnel inhigh-stress situations