As a Back-end Developer you will be integrated into the remote team, working for the leading Swiss online bank.
Along with the team you will develop and maintain applications, that are core for payment and transaction processing of the bank, and applications, that help operators in their daily job.
The uniqueness and variety of tasks and challenges behind business demands will let you improve your knowledge of banking and financial aspects, strengthen programming skills.
Curiosity will help you in clarifying business and technical requirements for new tasks, good communication skills will help you understand the existing business inside the team.
If you are ambitious and confident person, like creative back-end solutions and preciseness in products you produce, learning new stuff - don't hesitate and apply.
On the daily basis you will need to:
- analyze the existing frameworks;
- propose and discuss new architectural and technical solutions;
- provide proper level of feature development;
- write all required tests (System/Unit/E2E tests);
- be a team player, and be able to work in Agile environment;
- proactively report issues and risks
- Java core, Java 8 features (min 3+ years commercial experience)
- OOP/OOD knowledge, design patterns;
- TDD, BDD notion,
- Unit testing frameworks (JUnit, Mockito)
- Spring framework, IOC, MVC;
- RESTfull services
- Java-based application servers (e.g. Tomcat, Resin);
- SQL knowledge, any RDBMS, Oracle is a plus;
- ORM, Hibernate in particular;
- Good written and spoken English, with proven ability to communicate ideas and to design and document artifacts in a clear and concise way.
Nice to have
Additional Skills / Knowledge (optional)
- Experience in finance/banking is a good plus;
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Docker, Vagrant) is a plus
- Maven and Distributed SCM (GIT, Mercurial);
- CI tools experience is a good plus.
- JS, HTML/CSS, React is a good plus
- English: Upper-intermediate