We are the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. We make our customers successful on Informatica products. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth that a position in consulting helps us.Your Opportunity
As a Professional Services Senior Consultant, you will provide product expertise and data management knowledge to manage and maintain Informatica products for our customers. The Senior Consultant will work closely with the various integrated internal Informatica teams, other Informatica Consultants, customer/partner resources, Global Customer Support and Product Management to ensure customer’s success and satisfaction with our products and services and contribute to their long-term loyalty.
This position requires a skilled Consultant with knowledge of Informatica Big Data Management(BDM), PC (Power Center) and IDQ (Informatica Data Quality) administration and support activities, RDBMS and/or Java experience. The successful candidate will support the Informatica customer implementations. Working with or within a team, he will have the opportunity to work at the front end in a rapidly growing business.Our Ideal Candidate
You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy – and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with a team of Informatica and/or Business Partners. You take a primary point of contact role with clients and/or Informatica stakeholders. Your problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing issues and challenges. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
- Analyze issues that may occur in a customer environment
- Support overall BDM, PC or IDQ environments at customer
- Develop and design new modules/enhancements
- Support administration of BDM, PC or IDQ environments
- Demonstrate a strong desire to grow both technically and as a trusted team player
- Good knowledge of Hadoop environment
- Knowledge of related Informatica Big data products e.g. EDL/EDC/S@S or Axon will be a plus
You are responsible for making our customers successful by supporting them on administration related tasks on their environments along with supporting enhancements requested by them on their Informatica BDM, PC or IDQ environments. You work in association with other Informatica Consultants, team members in the effective use and deployment of Informatica products like Informatica BDM, PC or IDQ.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Support variety of Informatica DI/DQ applications e.g. PC/DQ/BDM etc.
- Support Informatica upgrades and installation related areas
- Perform and migrate development activities on various modules
- Support enhancement on the different areas of implemented product/s
- Proactively work with the team on managing and monitoring customer environments
- Support P0/P1 escalations
- Document and review requirements, services requests, enhancements, operational activities, technical and specifications changes
- Apply Informatica’ s Velocity Methodology and Best Practices during incidents, enhancements and SR’s with ability to coach and mentor customers in the adoption of Velocity
- Author and publish knowledgebase articles
- Provide regular reports to communicate customer environment status, both internally and externally
Additional skills preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or MCA
- Up to 7 years of working experience in either or combination of Informatica BDM and/or PC, Databases and Unix environment.
- Experience with product implementations, administration, installation and configuration and/or Hadoop integration project execution
- Familiarity with common Hadoop security technologies including Kerberos, Active Directory, Sentry, Ranger and other protocols
- Knowledge on Big data streaming and Big data quality is preferred
- Experience on other Big data product is a plus (Enterprise Data Catalogue(EDC), Enterprise Data Lake(EDL), Axon, Secure at Source etc.)
- Must be able to solve problem outside your areas of expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Experience in working on cloud environments as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience in Linux/ Red Hat environment and shell script programming
- Expert-level database skills in Oracle or new generation data management software such as Teradata, Greenplum, Redshift, etc.
- Administration skills in Hadoop ecosystems such as Cloudera, Hortonworks or MapR