Hiring for Flood Management Improvement Support Center (FMISC) - WRD, Bihar
Reporting to Joint Director, FMISC, Patna.
Interested candidates can apply through below link :
NOTE: No TA/DA will be provided for Interview purpose.
Salary : 15 Lakhs Per Annum
Strategizing and Expert Advisory
• Undertake professional engineering design, and hydrologic modelling investigations for river schemes, drainage, coastal and soil conservation activities.
• Undertake hydraulic analysis and hydrologic modelling of rivers, canals, flood plains, lakes and coastal zones to determine flood risks, and provide appropriate recommendations.
• Develop engineering methodologies and approaches to provide solutions to regional river management and flood risk challenges.
• To Play a role in the development of integrated approaches to the planning, management and control of rivers, waterways and river environments to ensure their sustainable use and protection.
• Advice, developments and implementations are based on sound research and analysis, and are provided in a timely and professional manner.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account international and national best practices, in order to facilitate cost optimization and productivity improvement.
Policies, Systems, processes & Procedures
• Recommend improvement to functional procedures and follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least Master’s Degree in Water Resources/ Hydraulics/ Hydrology/ Sediment Transport/ Hydraulics Modeling
• Having five years of relevant post qualification experience
(i.e. in river and drainage engineering, hydrology or hydrologic modelling and civil engineering works)
• Candidates having wide range of experience in river morphological studies.
• Experience in hydraulics of heavily sediment laden rivers and erosion control
• 5 years’ experience with computational hydraulics including 2 –D river modeling and morphology.
• Honors/ Awards/ Recognized publications in relevant area will be an added advantage.
• Proven track record of managing/ advising/ working on canal/ river and siltation management projects/ programs/ initiatives with state/ central government/ bilateral/ multilateral organizations.
Knowledge and Other Skills
• Strong knowledge about river beds/dams/canals, erosion hazards, sediment sources and quality, stream morphology and processes associated in Bihar.
• Excellent knowledge of latest technologies, trends and best practices in canal and sediment management including processes such as risk assessment, numerical modeling of sedimentation and sediment sources, erosion control, sediment trapping, field construction of physical models etc.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi.