As a Fullstack Developer you will be integrated into the distributed team, working for the leading Swiss online bank.
Along with the team you will participate in all stages of software development, from design and implementation to maintenance and scaling, ensuring our clients get the financial information they need, on time. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of applications, ranging from mission-critical financial data feeds with millisecond performance constraints, to batch applications, REST SOAs, and Web applications, and integrate our applications with dozens of data providers.
The uniqueness and variety of tasks and challenges behind business demands will let you improve your knowledge of banking and financial aspects, strengthen programming skills.
Curiosity will help you in clarifying business and technical requirements for new tasks, good communication skills will help you understand the existing business inside the team.
If you are ambitious and confident person, like creative back-end solutions and preciseness in products you produce, learning new stuff - don't hesitate and apply.
On the daily basis you will need to:
develop efficient, reliable and clean code, with a focus on maintainability
participate in the technical decision-making process for the projects you will work on
provide proper level of feature development;
write Integration/Unit tests;
be a team player, and be able to work in Agile environment.
You should have a solid understanding of basic Java programming (Collections, Essential Java Classes (basic input/output, concurrency, regular expressions, String, DateTime APIs ... As well as be able to solve coding challenge live on interview.
- Java core, Java 8 features (min 2+ years commercial experience)
- OOP/OOD knowledge, design patterns;
- TDD, BDD notion,
- Unit testing frameworks (JUnit, Mockito)
- Spring framework, IOC, MVC;
- RESTfull services
- Java-based application servers (e.g. Tomcat, Resin);
- SQL knowledge, any RDBMS, Oracle is a plus;
- ORM, Hibernate in particular;
- Willingness to learn and work with front-end stack is a must, we provide the opportunity to learn new technologies
- Good written and spoken English, with proven ability to communicate ideas and to design and document artifacts in a clear and concise way.
Nice to have
Additional Skills / Knowledge (optional)
- Experience in finance/banking is a good plus;
- Any Web UI experience is a plus
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Docker, Vagrant) is a plus
- Maven and Distributed SCM (GIT, Mercurial);
- CI tools experience is a good plus.
- English: Upper-intermediate