JD for Project Engineer
Project Engineering is the key role in overall planning and organization of the project execution and leads the engineering team through the design phase of the project. The Project Engineer coordinates the engineering activities throughout the life of the project. They drive front end loading to ensure there is clear scope definition before engaging detailed design. Project Engineering enables adequate project control systems to allow schedule and cost forecasting as well as robust change control. They coordinate the technical contract package development and deployment for execution of the project and will direct and administer activities with the successful construction contractors and interact with outside Engineering firms when work is outsourced . At this experience level they typically lead intermediate and small large projects locally or regionally or Asst. Project Engineer on large projects.
Core responsibilities of the Project Engineer include:
● Drive project execution and coach team on application of the Global Project Methodology (GPM) work process.
● Provide overall planning and organization during the design and construction.
● Develop staffing plans.
● Coordinate all design engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
● Lead the project execution planning including contracting strategy development.
● Analyze project risks and develop mitigation plans.
● Initiate, monitor, and update the project schedule, estimates, monitor project cost and manage change to established scope and baselines.
● Identify and take corrective action (with appropriate approval) to ensure the project goals for cycle-time, cost, and quality are met.
● Deliver as-built and operations/maintenance documentation to the facility.
● Min. 12 to 15 years of industry relevant experience
● Has experience leading teams
● Excellent communication skills, organizational and work coordination skills, and interpersonal skills are also critical to role success
● Change management
● Has experience in managing the deliverables needed to prepare project estimates and schedules
● Has worked in role within GPM, or equivalent, project execution work processes and has broad understanding of the deliverables for the various disciplines
● Six sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (~16 years)
Discipline: Chemical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering