AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
In addition to the primary function, the elementary principal shall be responsible for:
1. Developing and administering the general school routine, and coordinate all activities
within the school
2. Participating in the selection of new teaching and classified personnel.
3. Observing, counseling, and motivating professional staff toward performances to attain
the educational goals of the District.
4. Utilizing to the fullest extent possible, all available school facilities, materials, and staff
5. Continually evaluating existing programs and practices, curriculum content, and pilot
6. Maintaining an educational philosophy and school climate which encourages a
cooperative and participating
attitude on the part of all teachers and students.
7. Maintaining a standard of student behavior designed to command respect and minimize
school and classroom interruptions.
8. Resolving student behavioral problems on buses.
9. Encouraging and initiating continued improvement in curriculum and teaching methods
in cooperation with District Administration, subject area specialists, and faculty.
10. Identifying intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs affecting students’
success in school, and taking steps to direct and coordinate the efforts of teachers and
parents with staff services and special education personnel.
11. Planning and submitting annual budget needs for the building to the Director of
Business Affairs prior to April 1 of each year.
12. Maintaining effective communication to keep the staff, students, and parents properly informed.