• Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
• Work closely with the Database Architect to implement effective and maintainable database coding practices that form an architectural foundation.
• Work with front end developers to define simple yet powerful APIs.
• Work with DBAs to ensure efficiency of database code, integrity of data structures and quality of data content.
• Work with product managers to ensure database code meets requirements.
• Work with DBAs and data analysts to ensure database code is accurately documented.
• Participate as a member in Agile teams, and participate in sprint reviews.
• At least 3+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQL
• Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
• Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON.
• Ability to efficiently write database code without compromising data quality, privacy or security.
• Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
• Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds