Job Description:Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of todays businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.What you will do
Who Youll Work With
- Develop self-healing operational infrastructure for a new age PaaS
- Define, implement & automate Continuous deployment, Zero-downtime, Rolling update workflows
- Responsible for the platform security:
- Development: Implement new security features
- Security risk reduction: Build defense mechanism around the platform, eliminate security risks
- Vulnerability management: Respond to security incidents, provide remediation to vulnerabilities
- Work with other security organizations inside company to to define, present and embrace new standard methodologies for secure service development and operations.
At Cisco, we build products that enable enterprise react faster to the intelligence derived from data. To do that requires a data centric platform that can receive events from a variety of network appliances, and other event sources, process and provides insights. Ciscos data platform operates at massive scale processing billions of network events across the enterprise and converting that into actionable insights in real time. Ciscos data platform team consists of Data Scientists, Data Modelers/Analysts, and Platform engineers collaborating on building the next generation data platform that powers the enterprise. Are you working without constraints? Here, youll be crafting, implementing, and empowering the worlds best data platform. Youll lead and collaborate as part of a disruptive software engineering team that is passionate about transforming the networking industry.Who you are
You have a proven record of crafting and developing high quality software products and should possess the following particular skills and experience:
- A top-tier software engineer with 6-12 years experience working as a senior in high impact software development team
- Expert Programming skills with Python
- A deep understanding of the Unix security model, with the following are plus:
- Well exposed to Web application security/firewalls
- Full understanding of underlying cryptographic protocols and implementation (e.g PKI, TLS)
- Hands on experience with traffic sniffers and analysers
- Linux system development exposure, familiarity with Virtualization, Containers & Microservices.
- Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with good exposure to agile development methodologies
- Has broader system level knowledge, intuitive understanding of system level interactions, performance trade-offs
- Well versed with the challenges of distributed systems.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who arent afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.