Engineer with 5-7 years experience in Oracle E-business Suite R12 and Oracle Database including strong skills in performance tuning, troubleshooting and change implementation.
• Ability to provide technical support to end-users for production environment of EBS. Work experience in 24x7 production environment is a MUST.
• Strong hands-on experience on installation, patching, upgrade, migration, cloning and administration of Oracle e-Business Suites R12.2 including clear understanding of Weblogic.
• Very good skills in Oracle Database 11g/12c including hands-on with RAC, ASM, Dataguard.
• Expertise in performance tuning in E-business Suites and Database. Some example of tuning experience (but not limited to the list):
o Review of TKPROF, AWR, ADDM, ASH, SPM reports and identifying the main cause of the performance issues.
o Good knowledge of EXECUTION PLANS for the SQL statements with ability to relate to performance problem statement.
o Good understanding of the memory components, like buffer cache, keep pool etc.
• Handle high profile issues and escalations as well as resolve complex production problems
• Perform analysis, debugging, and break/fix tasks for production anomalies or system issues.
• Release management support for application implementation, installs, data migrations, and system software upgrades.
• Attend to global customer requests and technical issues coming via email, Remedy ticketing system or 24/7 oncall-pager for EBS application modules.
• Must have worked in any one Unix/Linux platform.
• Exposure to Exadata, Exalogic and ODA would be plus.
In addition to technical skills and experience, we look for the following:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Aptitude for complex problem solving and methodical solving.
• Willingness to learn and work on other Oracle software.
• Work effectively without being supervised. Wear a ‘can do’ attitude hat in an ambiguous situation & help to reach the objective.
• Thinking proactively to anticipate and prevent issues, outages for customers.
• Initiate and handle interactions / collaboration within or outside of Cloud IT. Collaborate with other teams (Functional Business Process Leads, DBA, System Administrators, Development, etc) to get the issues resolved and to keep the stakeholders informed through constant and timely communications.
• Willingness to work in shifts for supporting 24x7 environments.