DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF NURSING TUTOR
The nursing tutor should be responsible to the principal and conduct teaching programmes in the Nursing School.
1. The Nursing tutor will be required to deliver lectures In accordance with the approved syllabus and to attend to lectures given by the medical officers. The Nursing tutors will also give tutorial classes in the subjects of these lectures.
2. At the beginning of each year, a time table of lectures will be drawn up by the Nursing tutor and submitted for the approval of the Principal.
3. The Nursing Tutor will give special revision classes and special tutorial classes in preparation for examination and special lectures in nursing subjects as part of the school training.
4. The Nursing Tutor shall plan the teaching programme, including an orientation programme, in consultation with the Principal.
5. Plan practical experience for the students, ward assignments and vacation in consultation with the Principal.
6. Plan ward teaching programme with the co-operation and collaboration of ward sisters after obtaining Principal’s permission.
7. Preparation for classes and demonstrations. Display of education material on notice boards.
8. Teaching of all subjects with assistance from the Principal
9. Guidance to students in methods of study, use of reference books and library.
10. Individual attention to students when necessary, including individual assignments.
11. Conduct periodical and terminal tests and maintain record of marks which will be signed by the Principal.
12. Organization of seminars, panel discussion, debates etc.
13. Assuring that students due to go up for examinations fulfill all requirements.
14. Regular visits to the hospital wards and departments and other practice fields.
RECORDS OF STUDENTS:
15. Register of attendance at classes, demonstrations , visits etc.
16. Record of practical experience.
17. Guidance to students to maintain their own record of practical work and case books.
18. Marks of terminal tests and examinations.
19. Assist in completion of students permanent records STUDENTS HEALTH:
20. Arrange for initial and periodical health examinations and maintenance of health records.
21. Periodical visits to students rooms to make sure that they practice personal hygiene.
22. Organizing recreational and social programme.
24. Participate in inspection of students.
25. Inventory and maintenance of classroom equipment.
26. Arrangements for functions for prize distribution, capping etc. GENERAL:
27. Participation in staff education programmes and staff meetings.
28. Participation in professional activities including an active interest in the S.N.A.
29. Any other duties related to nursing education.
30. Visit the wards frequently and supervise the practical instruction which the student nurses receive in the wards.
31. Organize nurse’s recreations, games, readings, extracurricular activities.
32. Make all arrangements to conduct oral and practical examinations for all the nurse pupils appearing for examination in General Sick Nursing.