A large Indian Bank - Greenfield Murex Implmenetation in two Phases:
Phase I: Derivatives - Fe 2018 Go-Live
Phase II: FXMM, Fixed Income, Equitiies - Aug 2019 planned Go-Live
This engagement is about Excelian providing Murex Accounting Analyst / BA services for Phase II
Murex Application Responsibility:
1. Engage users to gather, capture, and document requirements on accounting treatment for various financial products.
2. Analyse requirements and assess feasibility of implementation in Murex.
3. Design and configure accounting rules based on the requirements, including configuration of accounts, filters and formulas.
4. Perform testing, capture output, and document results.
5. Reconcile expected results and actual results.
6. Identify discrepancies and the possible causes.
7. Escalate identified issues and analyse if any alternative methods are feasible as a workaround.
8. Ensures documentation and deliverables are consistent with defined standards.
9. Suggest possible alternative approaches for a more efficient and scaleable configuration and maintenance.
3-5 Years of relevant Murex experience on Accounting and Finance
1. Understand the concept of journal posting and balances for accounting.
2. Knowledge of trade life cycle & events and how they are handled in Murex especially for FX, Money Market, Fixed Income and Equities products
3. Experience in setting up accounting rules, accounts, filters and formulas.
4. Familiar with accounting configuration setup and EOD.
5. Experience in accounting configuration in Murex for at least two or three product types.
6. Experience in using basic tools (such as excel) to perfom reconciliation.
7. Excellent understanding and experience on Accounting validation for IGAAP and IndAS
Nice to Have:
1. Knowledge of accounting standards as usage.
2. Knowledge of accounting reports generation.
3. Understanding of interaction of various modules in Murex and the position of Accounting within this interactions.
Bachelors Degree from a reputed university with good passing scores
Nice to have
Good overall understanding of Murex system