is an online crowdfunding platform that enables anyone across India to raise funds for healthcare, education, sports, disaster relief and other personal causes, with great ease. Founded in 2010 by a team of young and passionate entrepreneurs, Milaap has pioneered the development of person to person giving in India.
What started as a platform to fund rural projects and micro entrepreneurs, is today widely utilized by Indians to raise funds from friends, family and a wider social network for medical needs, loved ones and charity. Milaap is soon becoming the go-to platform for funding cancer treatment, transplants and other critical emergencies.About the Fellowship:
FELLOWSHIP STARTS: July 2019
LOCATIONS: Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Majholi (Jabalpur district,MP), Belagavi, Bhubhaneshwar, Kolkata, Imphal, Tiruchchirappali, Balangir, Tiruvarur
Looking for an opportunity to contribute to the development of India? Then Milaap is the place for you. Our Fellowship Program provides young professionals with the opportunity to work on the ground with rural communities, our field partners, and our borrowers to tell their story.
As a Fellow
, your primary role will be to meet borrowers who have been funded by Milaap, and tell their stories. You will spend six months in a small town in rural India, and write short updates on each of the borrowers that you meet.What's on offer:
A stipend of INR 15,000 per month plus reimbursements for field visits and other job-related expensesKey Responsibilities:
1. Content Creation:
2. Stakeholder Management:
- Conduct weekly review of loan profiles posted by Milaap's partner on the Loan Portal, conduct due diligence, and write compelling loan stories based on the information collected.
- Contribute engaging features to the Milaap blog twice a month. This could include your experiences in the field, profiles of people you interact with, writeups about the area and unique culture, or general updates relating to microfinance.
3. Process Improvement and training:
- Interact with a variety of stakeholders from various rural and semi-urban backgrounds.
- Meet and interview borrowers funded by Milaap, verify loan data, understand how the borrowed funds were used, and write short Impact stories based on this information.
- Gather information for loan updates through a randomly picked sample of borrowers, in order to ensure the credibility of the answers
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Train Field Partner staff on Milaap processes, policies and best practices, and on using the Loan portal where required and make recommendations to make the processes and the entire exercise, if needed
- Train Field Partners to efficiently upload client profiles that are interesting, diverse and genuine
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of local language (depending on location): Hindi, Odia, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, or Manipuri
- Experience writing engaging content
- Experience in microfinance
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and web tools (Gmail, Skype, WordPress, etc.)
- Understanding of Milaap’s mission and an interest in the development sector
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to new environments
The Application process :
Step 1: Apply for the job post here to express interest in the role.
Step 2: Now that we know you are interested, the next step involves online screening of your candidature. You will receive an email from our screening partner, Shortlist i.e. www.shortlist.net. The email would include a link where you can complete your application - a few short questions on your experience followed by an assessment to demonstrate our ability to do the job.
You can also find the link here: https://jobs.shortli.st/2BHB8a5
Shortlist will keep you updated regularly on whether or not you’re shortlisted.