Zilingo is a fashion, beauty and lifestyle marketplace, with its headquarters in Singapore. With operations in more than 5 countries including Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, India, China, and the US the company aims to help fashion and beauty businesses in Southeast Asian countries to increase their global reach through e-commerce. We have raised $54 million in Series C (led by Sofina). Role Summary
As Merchandiser for Zilingo, you’ll be responsible for market penetration that includes buyer and customer acquisition in the apparels, fabrics, garments and textile industry in India. You will work closely with the business chain of command from the Mumbai office. Job Responsibilities:
Does this sound like you? Must haves:
- You will be responsible for effective communication with manufacturers and buyers.
- You will bring in the technical know-how of garments
- You will own QC of garments.
- You will manage and maintain relationships with existing and new clients.
- Vendor management will also fall under your kitty.
- You will help to increase the client base
- You will be drafting and reviewing contracts.
- You have 3-7 years of experience as a merchandiser, with a global supply and sourcing house dealing in textiles /fabrics/apparels/ readymade garments.
- Good interpersonal skills will matter a lot for ease of coordination with external and internal stakeholders.
- Your hands-on experience in production merchandising will be very important.
- You’re a graduate or have an equivalent qualification from a Fashion Institute, of the likes of NIFT, Pearl, etc.
- You have worked with factories across India and other geographies.
- You have worked with the likes of Asmara Group, Fifth Avenue Global, Synergies Worldwide, Triburg, Alibaba India, Wholesale box, Udaan, and similar entities.