We are looking for an exceptional Node.js software engineer to join the team that works on the PayPal core services. If you really enjoy building enterprise class transactional and interactive web sites that take millions of hits and have interest in the cutting edge technologies then this is your job. In this role you will be part of the team that is working on the frontend experiences for PayPal Merchant Engagement applications, including mobile and web applications.Skill Set:
Strong Design and Architecture exposure in building large scale internet applications.
Good exposure to open source technologies.
• 8+ years of experience in software product development.
• Experience in building complex, scalable and high performance web applications.
• Familiarity with languages and technologies needed for web services development, including Node.js, Java, REST, NoSQL Databases.
• Strong communication skills and ability to grasp and convey complex product requirements or technical concepts.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment.
• Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining high performance, high availability ⠤x7), large-scale web based software applications
• Advanced technical skills including web application development, SQL expertise, designing and developing web services, database and application performance optimizations
• Prior open-source project experience is a plus
• Excellent command of software development life cycle activities including analysis, design, development, unit and system testing, production deployment and post-production support
• Strong time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities
• Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus