As a technical support/helpdesk employee, you’ll be monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks within an organisation in a technical support role. If there are any issues or changes required, such as forgotten passwords, viruses or email issues, you’ll be the first person employees will come to.
Tasks can include installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face.
Most importantly, as businesses cannot afford to be without the whole system, or individual workstations, for more than the minimum time taken to repair or replace them, your technical support is vital to the ongoing operational efficiency of the company.
As technical support, you may also be known as a helpdesk operator, technician or maintenance engineer.
You could work for software or equipment suppliers providing after-sales support or companies that specialise in providing IT maintenance and support. Alternatively you may work in house, supporting the rest of the business with their ongoing IT requirements.
Some tasks you may be involved in include:
• Working with customers/employees to identify computer problems and advising on the solution
• Logging and keeping records of customer/employee queries
• Analysing call logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
• Updating self-help documents so customers/employees can try to fix problems themselves
• Working with field engineers to visit customers/employees if the problem is more serious
• Testing and fixing faulty equipment
As well as a strong technical background, many employers would want you to be able to explain complex information in simple, clear terms to a non-IT personnel. Additionally, they will be looking for:
• Good communication skills.
• An ability to assess each customer/employee's IT knowledge levels.
• Ability to deal with difficult callers.
• Logical thinker.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Up-to-date technical knowledge.
• An in depth understanding of the software and equipment your customers/employees are using.
• Good interpersonal and customer care skills.
• Good accurate records keeping.
Walkin @RIVERA MANPOWER SERVICES.
#8 2nd floor of Univercell CMH road
Indiranagar near Indiranagar metro station.
Contact Person : Roman
Contact number : 8884496986 / 9108544399