Designation Manager – Legal & Compliance (TBA)
Department : Management
Reports to: Director - Finance
Purpose of the Job
To advise and support the board in:
1. Setting up and ensuring legal compliance of the Directors BVI interests, Retail Operations and Investments
2. Structuring and setting up offshore and onshore companies and investments
3. Evaluating and ensuring legal structure and compliance of existing retail companies and investments
4. Keeping accurate and updated records
Focus on continuous improvement in terms of legal practices ensuring maximum benefit to the stakeholders
Interacting with Tax Lawyers for assessments
Evaluating and structuring existing and upcoming contracts
• Providing support and assisting Senior Management in managing the corporate documentation, drafting and vetting of Contracts/ Agreements, legal transactions and mitigating legal risk.
• Taking care of Senior Management's Taxation and drafting wills
• Identifying and driving development of legal strategies for business; managing internal client expectations to balance requirements and competing priorities; providing useful legal advice and alternative solutions
• Advising the Directors’ on changing legal and statutory norms across geographies
• Spearheading complete GCC and managing contracts for Middle East Region & Saudi Arabia
• Negotiating drafting and vetting Franchise Agreements Distributions Agreements, Sale and Purchase Agreement, Supplier Agreement, Manufacturing Agreement, Retailer Agreement, License Agreement
• Interacting with local law firms, counsels, governmental and regulatory authorities and business teams in GCC region.
• Ensuring legal compliance across the Directors personal affairs as well in corporate operations
• Engaging in periodical legal audits of existing contracts and operations
• Undertake regular analysis to help identify legal risks and to safeguard against them
• Optimising the set-up of Directors’ companies, trusts etc with proper legal compliance and structure
• Evaluating and optimising the operations of current companies and corporate investments with proper legal compliance and structure
• Maintaining up to date records
Communication & Interface
Internal Finance Director Daily
Board of Directors As Required
Chief Finance Officer As Required
Department Heads As Required
External Tax Consultants As Required
Advocates As Required
Government Officials As Required
Banks As Required
Other Investment firms As Required
Qualification and Experience
Education and Certification
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law/ Master in Law (LLB/LLM
• Additional Certification in contracts would be desirable.
Knowledge and Skills
• Sound knowledge of corporate laws with mind set to keep abreast of changes in Iaws.
• Expertise in BVI laws and investments
• Expertise in setting up trusts, ensuring Compliance, Drafting contracts, wills etc.
• Have an eye for detail, ability to independently draft agreements.
• Ability to network and have good inter-personal skills
• Commercially savvy to understand impact of legal decisions on Business and to find solutions
• Ability to work as an individual contributor with quick turnaround time.
• Ability to deliver under pressure and engage in several projects simultaneously/ multiskilling.
• Ability to cope with high levels of responsibility and with confidential matters.
• 5 – 8 years of experience working in similar roles
• Experience working in the retail industry in the GCC is an added advantage
Type Title Level
Core Customer focused Proficient
Passion for excellence Advanced
Communication and transparency Advanced
Leadership Inspiring and developing people Proficient
Strategic orientation Advanced
Influencing and persuading Advanced
Decision making Proficient