Job Title: LINUX/UNIX ADMIN
Requires hands on knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems and server technologies.
Should have a basic knowledge of industry hardware types and interoperability.
Should have a basic understanding of application software.
• Responsible for operational support and maintenance of located globally, running Solaris and Redhat Enterprise Linux. This includes server builds, monitoring, configuration and ongoing maintenance of servers.
• Responsible for ongoing vulnerability management by coordinating and deploying patches and server rebuilds throughout the estate.
• Perform system administration duties across the environment to provide support services for customer
• Perform system recoveries.
• Maintain server availability for all sites and periodically participate in DR exercises.
• Participate in the development and implementation of UNIX related projects.
• Monitor servers and remediate alerts that get raised.
• RHEL 6/7 • Solaris 10 • TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, LDAP, FTP, NTP, Samba
• Knowledge of kickstart/jumpstart
• Security and performance monitoring and analysis
• Virtualization (VMware and/or RHEV)
• HPOV tool suite
• Veritas products: VxVM, VxFS, VCS and VVR
• Experience with Puppet and shell scripting; Perl or python is a plus.
• Server hardware (HP Proliant, Sun/Oracle)
• Conceptual knowledge of storage and networking components
• Experience with Windows Server is a plus
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on Fortune 500 2017 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant