visit www.cambaytiger.com / www.west-coast.in for company profile
Profile Job Title Assistant Manager - Legal & Compliance
Profile will Report to Director
Location MUMBAI- Andheri East
Department Legal & Compliance
• Attend to all company secretarial matters for Company Group and its other entities in India.
• Liaise with and support the Global Company Secretariat in relation to company secretarial and corporate governance matters.
• Support the Board as required on key projects and initiatives in India & abroad
• Support the business on generation, use, execution, storage and retention of documents
• The job holder is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Legal & Secretarial department, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
Key Job Responsibilities of Profile:
• Structuring, Drafting, Vetting of Legal agreements and contracts for business and for new business initiative(s) by closely working with internal cross functional teams and protecting legal and commercial interest of the company and its subsidiaries.
• Legal support and vetting for Bank Finance and Project Documentation.
• Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals;
• Due Diligence Activities relating to Land / Property, fund raising, joint ventures and acquisitions.
• Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company in its operating area /sector and industry including but not limited to FSSAI rules and regulations and the legal requirements /validations to meet challenges around ecommerce/ online marketing contracts for retail operations in India.
• Manage secretarial matters like drafting of notice, agenda, minutes of the Board/ Shareholders meetings for the company and its subsidiaries. Filing of various forms with the ROC and comply with the Companies Act, 2013 for all the group companies.
• Drafting and Implementation of Policies and Codes for internal governance and as mandated by statutes.
• Engage with stakeholders to implement and manage the Compliance tool/ and to ensure timely statutory compliances by the company and its subsidiaries.
• Liasioning with the internal auditors and statutory auditors for ongoing audits and related process.
• Coordinating with all statutory bodies /agencies.
• Reviewing the progress of outstanding litigation /court procedures, managing the same and ensuring closures in consultation with legal counsels and advocates.
• Handle legal issues on trademark related matters for company and its subsidiaries.
• Effectively handling litigation cases from start to end systematically, maintenance of related records and MIS with regular updation, including coordinating with Advocates and appearance in Court if required
• Maintaining of MIS/Trackers of all tasks allotted and handled with daily updation and systematic documentation.