Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC) is part of Core Metadata Group (CMG) team which is responsible for machine-learning based data catalog to enable organizations to classify, organize and search data assets across Cloud, On-Premise and Big Data systems. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise. Your Opportunity
You have an opportunity to design and develop UI for major components of the next generation Cloud and On-Premise offering of the Catalog application. You will be based in Bangalore to work closely with the EDC and CMG teams. You will get to lead UI by working with UX and backend teams across releases. Our Ideal Candidate
One who is highly motivated, experienced and professional with good understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming. Should have good experience in Web based product development. One who is technically strong in UI technologies and frameworks to work well with UX team specified wireframes. The candidate should exhibit good written, verbal and presentation skills to communicate with UX and backend teams. Should have excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines and help peers to meet their goals.Your Responsibilities
As part of the UI team, you will be responsible for:
- Development of next generation Cloud and On-Premise UI using frameworks defined within Informatica.
- Work with UX and VX teams to review the wireframes/patterns and implement the UI according to specifications.
- Has to understand and implement Accessibility, Security and Localization requirements as part of the UI development.
- Collaborating with backend/services teams to review and agree on REST API specifications.
- Use UI unit testing and automation to make sure we deliver high quality user experience.
- Author functional and design specifications, or sections of larger specifications. Gather review feedback and finalizes specifications.
- Applying company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- To produce reasonable estimates for UI tasks. Meets project schedules.
- Work in Agile software development team to deliver product and feature increments in short iterations.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of developing Web based UI.
- Strong problem solving and programming skills.
- Hands-on experience in UI technologies/frameworks like jQuery, React.JS, Jasmine.
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Linux, Tomcat is mandatory.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Data Structures and algorithms.
- Passion for developing high quality products and experience with Unit Testing.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Professional experience with Java/J2EE programming.
- Experience in REST API development and use.