The Enterprise Data Catalog team is part of Informatica’s Core Metadata Group. Enterprise Data Catalog is Informatica's machine-learning-based data catalog that lets you classify and organize data assets across cloud, on-premises, and big data. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise.Your Opportunity
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software to join the CMG group in our Hyderabad location. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development and delivery of strategic connectors that bring in core metadata from external systems to EDC. You will work in a fast-paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent coding skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures. Your Responsibilities
As an integral part of the CMG, R&D team you will be responsible for the following –
- Development of new connectors using Java technologies as part of a team that builds an industry-leading web product based on Hadoop technologies.
- Writing high quality code using your in-depth knowledge of Java, object oriented concepts, algorithms and data structures.
- Collaborating effectively with peer engineers, and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end components & features.
- Handling customers escalations that are routed to R&D from Global customer support (would require you to re-prioritize your tasks efficiently)
- Gathering and interpreting broad requirement specifications from customers/Product Management that are not yet fully defined.
- Producing techno-functional specs and designs based on high level requirements.
- Estimating efforts, identify risks, meet project schedules.
- Be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast growing distributed workplace
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other team members
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- Excellent coding and design skills in Java server-side technologies
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Linux, Tomcat is mandatory
- Experience with database concepts, SQL programming is mandatory
- Working experience in Hadoop technologies like Hbase, Titan, Solr is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Hadoop infrastructure like YARN, Ambari and distributions like Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR is a plus
- Exposure to and experience in integration with or functional knowledge of applications like Oracle, SAP, Tableau, Salesforce, QlikView, Microstrategy, Teradata, Cognos etc, will be an added advantage
- 1+ years of experience in developing innovative enterprise products
- Familiarity with open-source frameworks and API standards.
- Strong understanding of Object oriented design and programming.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Agile development process