Informatica SC Operations Team is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting Informatica's Sales Consulting Field Team in Asia Pacific and Japan. We take our deep technical and product expertise and combine it with our partners understanding of customer's needs and goals to solve their biggest business challenges allowing them to grow and get the most out of Informatica solutions.Our Ideal Candidate:
You’re technically proficient on managing and maintaining environments, and have the patience and passion to guide our Sales Consulting Operations Team and Asian Pacific and Japan Fields teams through usage of all the capabilities of the hosting platforms in cloud environments like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud. You’re working with various teams within Informatica that include R&D, Global Customer Support and field sales to build tooling that can ease deployment and proofing of Informatica products. You’re willing to listen, ask the right questions and take the time to provide solutions where needed. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently.
As an influential and effective teacher, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates. If your team members or customers are in remote locations, you are comfortable with travel in order to engage face-to-face.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS
- Build tools that will ease the installation and configuration of Informatica and other software to support POCs, custom demo’s and workshops.
- Create and maintain automated capabilities to accelerate daily tasks such as building, monitoring and governing environments in AWS, Azure, Goggle Cloud and other platforms.
- Handle requests from sales staff for creating custom environments on the cloud. This involves creating copies of existing template machines and customizing those machines for the requested purpose.
- Document and provide guidance to sales staff in how to use the environments.
- Troubleshooting network and security connectivity between various technologies.
- Consistent regular attendance at work
- May perform other duties and responsibilities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong scripting skills with Linux Bash and other scripting languages including maintaining and developing new scripts to automate complex, parameterized processes.
- Knowledge on Java Coding at preferably an intermediate level
- Demonstrates hands on administration skills on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud (preferably Azure or AWS), Linux, Windows – basic admin skills
- Exercise sound judgment within generally defined practices and policies when selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- BS Degree or equivalent
- Experience with Informatica software preferred
- Experience in Linux server administration such as user administration, system troubleshooting, networking, file systems.
- Experience in virtualization technologies and how they work.
- Experience in AWS Elastic Compute 2 (EC2), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud a plus
- Experience with databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server