JOB TITLE: India Director- Order to Cash (O2C)
Division: Corporate Controllership – Finance
Department: Global Finance Shared Services
Job Location: Pune, India
POSITION SUMMARY –
The Director, Order to Cash, will help carry out the strategic vision for Order to Cash team working closely with North America O2C and Controllership Organization. This role is a leadership role reporting to Head of Global Finance Shared Services that will require a candidate who can lead the O2C operations, lead transformation/transition, and manage stakeholders, strong control environment, quality assurance and process automation and develop a strong performing team.
• Lead the transitions of the O2C operations into India from North America, ensuring strong understanding of business and current landscape, hiring best talent from industry
• Lead the O2C operations in India by setting up a high performing organization of 90+ employees that will deliver to business expectations
• Work with global business and shared services groups to define standard KPI/metrics, Service Levels that supports decision making including processes like, Contract entry/analysis, Contract Audit, Billing, Collection, Resolution, Accounts Receivable
• Develop a strong cadence with business stakeholders to consistently evaluate the performance against targets, service levels and make appropriate adjustments to meet the requirements of the business
• Partner with Sales, Business and Transformation teams to identify and implement process and system improvements, driving continuous improvement as well as proactive response to ever changing business and industry needs
• Lead development of global Order to Cash working closely with NA and Europe counterparts for reporting including daily/weekly/monthly dashboards, as well as executive management reporting for month/quarter end close requirements
• Experience in establishing operating framework through technology, MIS and governance to monitor response time and quality to response to queries and escalation from the business
• Partner with Corporate Controllership and Record to Report organization to ensure effective implementation of new revenue accounting standards
• Lead standardization of the processes across regions, development and maintenance of desktop procedures, policies and procedures for the department
• Ensure strong process controls and no risks/significant observations during Audits (Sox, Internal Audit, External Audit)
• Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and successfully manage these projects to contribute to the effectiveness of O2C processes using lean six-sigma tools
• Work with Finance and Technology partners to build/support technology Implementation roadmap
• Ensure all projects include financial metrics and key deliverables and a consistent communication plan for impacted teams and management
• Partner and contribute in bigger transformation initiatives like ERP and CPQ (Configure Price Order) implementation.
• Develop the team leads and ensure a strong performance management organization by continuous coaching for the teams
• Actively works with HR and L&D to establish learning path and career path for O2C teams and ensuring high engagement within the teams
• Develop a balance score-card view
• Travel 10-15%
Required Skills and Competence:
• Qualified accountant (CA/CPA/MBA or other equivalent)
• 16+ years of professional experience including 8+ years of experience in managing large Order to Cash organizations
• Good knowledge of accounting and financial processes and knowledge on ASC 606 is preferred
• Extensive experience in O2C processes including reviewing contracts, terms & conditions and contractual financial details and setting up Collection and Billing organization within India.
• Previous relevant experience with full ownership of end to end processes required in order to cash
• Expert knowledge of standard processes in order to cash, ability to drive standardization and process efficiencies
• Meticulous attention to details
• Advanced level proficiency in Excel is a MUST.
• Knowledge of large ERP system (i.e. Oracle, SAP, etc.) preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible, adaptable, proactive and self-motivated.
• Flexibility to work in multiple time zones including night shifts
• Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities