Techwave Consulting India PVT Ltd
The Incident Manager will monitor global queues for high severity issues impacting the division and analyze, manage, and escalate infrastructure, application, and facility problems.
They will conduct daily health-checks; facilitate clear and accurate communication during all problem resolution efforts; contribute to the Global Command Center reporting process and enforce escalation and drive to resolution for any impacting or potentially impacting clients or customers
This position will also contribute significantly to support and monitoring of major change initiatives; will provide review and governance on emergency changes and will be a key source of information for Incident situation reviews, especially in terms of identifying action items and other opportunities to ensure production-impacting problems do not re-occur.
- Run daily Health-check calls and make informed decisions regarding escalation of potential issues
- Provide historical context to the evaluation of change events with an eye towards avoiding collisions
- Run technical bridges, crisis, and management bridges, as well as use knowledge of core support teams to bring in quickly needed resources, with an eye towards reducing time to repair on major outages. Position must constantly refresh information and stay on top of changes in the organization so that no time is wasted in engaging the right resource. Contribute to information share and website
- Keep corporate tools updated to ensure that severity, impact and root cause are clearly and accurately documented
- Update Command Centre reports and Interim updates as required based on BAU processes
- Support Disaster Recovery tests and building power shutdowns, including weekend coverage when necessary
- Participate in follow the sun coverage, monitoring and support
- Participate and if required, lead Situation and Incident reviews for managed problems
- Monitor and research data feeds (problem tickets, server/app/network alerts, and health-checks) to quickly identify impacting and breaking issues
- Work with global support teams to escalate repeating issues and highlight trends in order to eliminate repeat problems
- Research high severity issues to assess impact to health
- Degree in Sciences or equivalent
- 6-8 years of experience in the information technology field, with an emphasis on infrastructure technologies including PC, Network, Distributed Computing, and Mainframe/Midrange.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of management
- Strong crisis management skills – able to direct work and remain calm in stressful situations
- Demonstrated experience interacting with various levels of management within an organization, including executive and senior management
- Ability to be proactive with a strong bias for action, naturally inquisitive, and bias for continuous improvement of practices / process
- Strong overall knowledge of technology business and best practices
- Ability to interface and work with multiple teams across regional boundaries and communication channels
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with various infrastructure support groups
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, able to create executive level presentations
- ITIL Certified
- Prince2 OR PMP Certified (preferred)
- Must be highly motivated, results focused and act with a high sense of urgency.
- Results oriented with focus on success and achievement despite obstacles both within and outside of direct control.
- Experience handling Change Management issues/collisions
- Experience and aptitude for dealing with senior/executive people
- Experience in the Banking & Financial services industry is critical
- Experience in a command center environment is desired
- Experience in the areas of incident management, problem management, change management, process improvement and resiliency
- Willingness to work regardless of shifts when any event occurs.
- Extensive technical breath gained through experience in multiple infrastructure domain architecture disciplines, including experience in application and information disciplines