Unique opportunity to join the senior leadership team and have a strategic impact at a rapidly growing company ** Work at a pioneering distributed energy company with outd social impact ** Design financial systems, processes and controls that will underpin the growth of the company for years to come ** Travel to Africa ** Live in Delhi or Patna.
About Husk Power Systems:
Founded in 2008, Husk Power Systems is one of the world’s leading rural utilities. Husk Power Systems provides low-cost energy generated entirely from renewable energy sources to households and businesses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – at a price they can afford. Husk Power Systems was the first company to use 100% biomass gasification from rice husk to generate 6-7 hours of electricity for households and small businesses. The company operates a hybrid power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. Customers are offered a flexible ‘pay-as-you-go’ energy service, using a mobile-enabled smart metering system.
Their grid-compatible solution can be rolled out quickly and cost-effectively to support national electrification plans. To date, Husk Power Systems has provided electricity to 15,000 homes and businesses in rural India and Tanzania, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. They aim to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2020 and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year. The company aspires to impact 50 million people by 2035.
About the Role:
The Husk Controller will be a seasoned professional responsible for the accounting operations of the company in India, Tanzania and USA. The Controller will be responsible for the development, enhancement and maintenance of a system of business performance and accounting records and reports, and a suite of controls designed to mitigate risk.
The Controller will be accountable for ensuring compliance with country-specific GAAP and IFRS requirements. Additionally, the Controller will be responsible for ensuring timely payment and filing of company taxes in various regions and countries of operations.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant financial standards in India, Tanzania and USA
- Managing the company’s cash and working capital cycles and processes
- Providing financial reporting to senior management and the board of directors, particularly dashboard reporting
- Conducting financial analyses of the different business units using cost accounting, to provide a clear picture of their financial health to senior management in a timely way
- Ensuring audits are completed successfully and on time, without qualifications
Does this sound like you?
- You have 12+ years of corporate finance and financial planning experience, with global exposure, ideally with work experience in at least 2 countries
- You have a track record of achievement in developing and managing financial controls, including cash flow management controls
- You understand how to produce dashboard reports and other financial reports suitable for board-level and investor-level audiences
- You have built robust risk management processes for a fast-growing businesses