Job Description:Who we are
Cisco DNA Spaces is the next gen indoor location services platform from Cisco. Cisco DNA Spaces cloud transforms Customer Wi-Fi into a powerful sensor, unlocking insights and trends from behavior of people and things, allowing the customers to make informed business decisions, optimize operations, and improve experiences
This team's innovations span analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.Who You'll Work With
We are looking for software engineering and technology experts to join the Cisco DNA Spaces team. This includes building highly reliable and scalable services, and designing innovative full stack technical solutions.
Are you passionate about working on groundbreaking technology with global impact?What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Build high performant, highly scalable, complex and distributed systems end to end
- Develop simple solutions to address complex problems.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base.
- Bring technical solutions to the leadership team, feedback on solutions recommended, new product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code review and tech talk.
- Ability to share technical solutions and product ideas with the broader team through design review, code review, proof-of-concepts and show and tell
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and software and hardware engineers.
You will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a take-charge / can-do attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. You be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision. Work with geographically distributed teams across different time zones. A full-stack developer who works on metadata driven products and applications engineering end-to-end, designing components and persistence mechanism.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in engineering/computer science with an overall work experience of 2-4 years.
- Strong development experience in building web applications using Java, NodeJS and Angular or other client side application frameworks.
- Ability to work with large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources, databases and API services into one system in NodeJS.
- Experience in application / backend engineering, developing REST APIs and micro-services, DB (SQL/NoSQL) persistence.
- Proven foundation in data structures, algorithms, and Object-Oriented Design
- Experience in tools like Git, SVN, Maven, ANT and any unit/integration testing framework
- Product engineering experience
- Be highly flexible and adaptable and demonstrate passion for platform development
- Familiar with AWS or other Cloud environment
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything people, process, data and things and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more from Digital Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.