Job Description :
Origin Consultants Pvt Ltd has been retained by a USD 14 Billion Global Leader in the Electrical Supplies Market to identify Financial Controller (India) to be based at Mumbai Job Description The position of the India Financial Controller, based at Mumbai is envisaged for a broader role which may not be limited to the responsibilities listed below
Desired Candidate Profile
- To ensure financial integration of the newly acquired entities, streamlining the post acquisition processes, supporting future acquisitions and ensuring functional supervision of the Finance Managers of the acquired operations the company is looking for a Financial Controller who will be a major contributor to the Companys short and long term financial performance and provide an accurate and meaningful analysis of the business proposes actions and follows up their implementation.
- The India Financial Controller will report directly to the CFO Asia Pacific and indirectly to the Asia Pacific Business Development Manager. As the company grows in India, a CEO is to be appointed and from this point the India Financial Controller will report directly to the Country Managing Director and indirectly to the CFO Asia Pacific.
- Lead and conduct the Financial and Operational Integration of the Newly Acquired Entities, liaising with Asia and Global controlling departments
Lead a reengineering of accounting, alignment to Global Account and accounting standards, implementation of group reporting tool, build up of historical financial information, adapt the Business reviews package to the entities, lead and assist its implementation and education of the local teams, acting as a go-between
- Participate in future acquisition projects, from the first analysis, through due diligence, negotiations, to closing and post-closing activities, in coordination with the Global Business Head and Asia CFO
- Translate proposed actions into a financial framework which will support decision making this includes: capital expenditure and divestments, new and renewed leases, recruitments and dismissals, new business activities. Ensure a posteriori that the actions bring the desired benefit.
- Ensure that the Operating Companies maintain their books in accordance with Indian, IFRS and Company accounting principles; this includes the chart of accounts, the accrual and provision policy, tax and legal statements
- Implement the monthly Business Reviews and supporting materials in liaison with the operating companies and be the interface of the Asia-pacific management for these Business Reviews, together with the Managing Directors of the Operating Companies.
- Manage the complete reporting process from the Operating Companies to Asia Pacific Zone and Global Headquarters: this includes the monthly financial reporting into the Group reporting tool, the additional analysis and key business indicators, information on sales/margin on daily basis
- Conduct necessary analyses on gaps and variances, and propose actions to correct identified deviations
- Manage/supervise the budgeting process from issuance of budget framework until final validation of the budget by the Group. Ensure the consistency of the budget with the action plans.
- Assist the Operating Companies in the preparation of budget presentation and review the consistency/ adequacy of their budgets.
- Manage/supervise the quarterly forecast process, on the same basis
- Manage the 3-year plan process (once a year) for India. This includes direct contribution notably as to the market analysis and market growth insight/studies.
- Implement a cash forecast tool to optimize the usage of cash resources and ensure efficient cash allocation.
- Identify the cash needs, propose and implement solutions to fulfill those needs in due course.
- Manage the relationship with banks and financial institutions.
- Permanently follow up a set of Key Performance Indicators and identify trends.
- Alert the GMs or MD of specific trends; propose remedies to risks and bad trends and accelerators to positive ones.
- Investigate as often and as deep as necessary to ensure that no significant trend goes unseen and is not appropriately addressed.
- Assess the financial impact of proposed action plans and follow up implementation this includes: margin control, expense control, cash collection.
- Ensure the conformity of Operating Companies actions with the law, improve the quality of legal records, with use of external resources when needed; Review and authorize significant contracts.
- Follow up the statutory audits and those requested by the Group.
- Conduct the review of internal control framework.
- Trigger internal audits as necessary and follow them up.
ABOUT ORIGIN CONSULTANTS PVT LTD
- Autonomous, Pro-active, dynamic, self motivated, energetic, ambitious, mature and result oriented Strategic Business Management Professional with experience leading (or being in the second lead position) the finance function of a multinational company
- CA / CPA / MBA Finance (from a premier institute) with at 8 to 12 years of broad experience in all aspects of Corporate Finance and the entire gamut of Finance and Accounts including an international audit firm and a finance role in an operational company. At least 3 years in a Big 4 or equivalent environment (Deloitte, KPMG, PWC, Ernst and Young, Grant Thornton, RSM etc)
- Working knowledge of Post Merger Integration perspective such as Valuations, Due Diligence, Tax Structuring, Legal / Asset Contracts, Finance and Accounting related issues, IT and HR related issues
- Experience and knowledge of best practices in financial ethics, independent audits, I-GAAP, IFRS and all government and regulatory requirements
- Excellent Communication, Leadership, Interpersonal, Team Management, Strategic and Business Vision Skills are a must
- Good knowledge of global companies group internal processes and all internal and external reporting requirements
- Good sense of relationship to balance the controlling role with assisting role, reconcile the entrepreneurial spirit of the Operating Companies with Group requirements
- Comfortable and effective organizing / chairing meetings with senior management teams and managing engagements that are complex and have multiple stakeholders, independently and on time
- Understanding of business dynamics and translate those into complex financial models
which partners with Professional Organizations in a Human Resource Consulting Process aimed at Talent Acquisition, Recruitment and Selection of Organizational Leaders.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Origin Consultants Pvt Ltd focuses on Senior and Middle Management positions across and . Origin Consultants has established delivery teams and technology infrastructure at Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and New Delhi.
With a Strong Network of Professionally Qualified and Experienced Candidates, Origin Consultants have conducted numerous successful Executive Searches for their Clients. Customers of Origin Consultants range from Startups to established Fortune 500 Clients and From the Largest Indian Corporations to Global MNC Multinationals.