The Curry Stone Design Collaborative (CSDC) is a design studio created to equip underserved and marginalized communities with methods to design, develop and improve their built environments.
Launched in India in 2016, CDSC operates as a true collective of social design practices, architects, civic planners working collaboratively with communities in need. It unites design practitioners and communities in a common cause: addressing inequalities using design and technical tools.
At CSDC’s core is a community-driven design process. It starts by spending significant time with residents to gain a thorough understanding of the complexities of their living conditions. It is only after the community is comfortable and familiar with the CSDC team that the work of collaborating on the design of life-improving solutions begins. The ultimate goal is for the community to be full participants in the initial process, and to be empowered to continue the work on their own for years to come. About Role:
Key responsibilities will include managing finances, day to day in-house accounting, legal compliances and the development and execution of a business growth plan. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in working in a startup environment and will be comfortable in a somewhat non-hierarchical, interdisciplinary and diverse international company. Key Responsibilities
- Business planning, financial forecasting, and budget management
- Managing the day-to-day financial operations within the studio, such as payroll, invoicing, accounts payable, and other transactions
- Implementing in-house accounting software (collaborating with accounting firm)
- Implementing procedures for and overseeing record keeping and bookkeeping tasks
- Managing project funds, monitor expenses and prepare utilization reports
- Project negotiations and business development planning
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports for review and presentation to boards of directors
- Tracking the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Being aware of evolving tax regulations and codes in the country, both central and local (State and City)
- Liaising with consultants and experts for tax preparation, audits, banking and other financial needs as necessary
- Manage and guide company accountant/ administrative assistant
The application process:
Step 1: Apply for the job post here to express interest in the role.
Step 2: Now that we know you are interested, the next step involves online screening of your candidature. You will receive an email from our screening partner, Shortlist. The email would include a link where you can complete your application - a few short questions on your experience followed by an assessment to demonstrate our ability to do the job.
You can also find the link here: http://bit.ly/2QjSinl
Does this sound like you?
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification(s) in Business Administration or Finance
- 4-6 years of experience as a Finance/Accounts Officer
- Proficiency of MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Ability to work with large datasets and complex financial models
- Knowledge of accounting software(s)
- Knowledge of construction accounting
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Prior experience in a non-profit/ NGO sector
- Prior experience in architecture/construction setting
- Experience in business negotiations
- Experience with organizations in growth mode
- Flexible and willing to perform tasks outside of the current scope to help the organization grow
- Proficiency in spoken and written Hindi and Marathi
- Interest in social work and sustainable practices
- Must have a sense of humor
- A proactive approach with a strong work ethic
- An ability to work with minimal supervision in a startup environment