Finance Manager -- Experience 7 -12 years// Salary JOB location Bara Khamba Road - CP New Delhi // Excelent English communication must.Finance Manager
Position Summary. Briefly describe this position's primary purpose or role.
The position shall primarily be responsible to maintain the books of accounts as per the requirements of local Indian tax laws and accounting pronouncements & group requirements. This position shall assist Head - Finance & Admin in the regular activities of finance, statutory, taxation and legal functions of the Company, financial book closures, audits, MIS reporting and general preparation and maintenance of accounts in the NAV platform, with the objective of delivering the information and reports as per Company requirements in a time bound manner.Scope and Responsibilities. List the job's essential or most important functions and responsibilities.
1. Accounting practices and procedures of Le Creuset India: -
-Ensuring that the books of accounts are updated on a real-time transaction basis.
-Daily closure of Revenue accounting in NAV.
-Inventory accounting along with periodical reconciliations and reporting both at the company and store level.
-Responsible for weekly general ledger scrutiny and timely action to correct any deviations.
-Timely recognition of Imports/ local purchases/ invoices from vendors along with tax implications/ ensuring claiming and availing of allowable input tax credits.
-Ensuring that all invoices from Overseas group companies have been appropriately recognized in the accounting system.
-Recognition of all expenses and payments to vendors after deducting correct TDS; cost center wise and specific to the locations.
-Coordination with all vendors for timely submission of invoices/ bills and ensuring month end accruals have been captured in the books against the pending bills (along with the accrual tracker).
-Maintenance of Fixed Assets Register and accrual of monthly depreciation on all assets.
2. Deliver financial reports in accordance with management and statutory requirements and timetable.
-Weekly Sales Report.
-Weekly Bank reconciliations.
-Quarterly Retail Stores data base.
-Monthly party-wise Sales Report (along with YTD report both on Calendar year basis and Indian financial year).
-Monthly SKU-wise Sales Report (along with YTD report both on Calendar year basis and Indian financial year basis).
-Preparing any other versions of Sales report as required by management.
3. Tax/ Return filing information preparation
-Monthly GST preparation (for all locations); accordingly, tax shall be deposited.
-Regular follow ups with the GST consultant ensuring timely filing of GST returns (for all locations) and no mismatches with the input credits (for current month and previous months).
-Ensuring all documents as required by GST law are being created in the system.
-Ensuring systematically filing of all types of accounting vouchers.
-Consolidated TDS reasonability; accordingly, tax shall be deposited.
-Submission of TDS details to the consultant on a quarterly basis for correct TDS returns filing.
4. Assistance in the preparation of accurate monthly management accounts, ensuring a tight, disciplined month end reporting routine in line with European Reporting calendar, which delivers complete accounts to the Head-Finance for presentation to the Country Manager.
5. Preparation of variance analysis (actual v’s budget/forecast), along with the reasons of deviations.
6. Facilitate, manage and comply with the internal and statutory audit process and complete the same within stipulated timeline.
7. Assistance in managing Le Creuset Group Navision system for LC India in close coordination with Head-Finance and ensuring that the local ERP system is operating as per Group and local market requirements.
8. Provision and preparation of timely information required for GST / IT Returns, and all other local statutory compliance submissions and filings within stipulated timelines.
9. Preparation of accurate and timely cash flow statements, and monthly cashbook movement analysis. Manage receivables, payables, banking and cash flow on a regular basis.
10. Assistance in preparation and completion of ad hoc tasks including:
-year-end Statutory accounts prep
-year-end group pack preparation
-liaison with group colleagues and external auditor
-store openings & statutory requirements thereof
11. Carry out from time to time and as directed, any other duties as required in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within your capabilities.
Requirements and Qualifications. What specialized, technical, or practical knowledge, skills, or experience are needed to perform the job.
Include bullets listing qualifications, required / preferred experience and educational requirements.
Essential: Experience in book keeping and MIS preparation role
Knowledge of IGAAPs and general accounting principles
Well versed with GST and Direct tax laws
Preparing accounts and annual reportsDesirable:
Understanding and experience of working with retail stores and logistics, preferably in an MNC
Experience in building external relationships with vendors, outside agencies and service providers
Man Management Education / Qualifications
Essential: Semi-qualified Accountant (Graduate, CA Inter qualified)
Skills and Knowledge
Essential: Excellent oral and written communication skills
Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel to advanced skill level
Understanding of vendor facing operations.
Reasonable Knowledge of current taxation law and statutory requirements essential
Essential: ERP experience – preferable Navision/AX and systems experience.
contributes to the needs of other in a collaborative and sensitive manner.
able to support, encourage and develop colleagues.
Drive enthusiastic with a "Can do!" "Hands on!" approach, and a genuine desire to exceed expectations.
Attention to detail
able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy, and effective reporting.
able to demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness. Identifying trends/opportunities, assessing business risks and making recommendations.
Social Confidence strong sense of self. Able to adapt his/her approach when communicating across the organization.
Organised able to organize his/her self, and others, to ensure tasks are completed to a high standard, within given time parameters.
keeps calm under pressure. Displays a resilience and tenacity.
Adaptable is able to think on his/her feet, identify opportunities, displays initiative and is able to work in a multi-functional environment.
evokes trust in others.
takes pride in the quality of his/her work, the service he/she provides
and in his/her personal appearance.