• Data center design/life cycle and implementation.
• Racking up servers by co-ordinating with facilities.
• Troubleshooting and Replacing hardware, memory modules, hard-drives.
• Efficient cabling and labeling of servers, network switches, firewall.
• Co-ordination with network ops, server ops teams in getting servers up and running.
• Co-ordination with vendor in troubleshooting and replacing hardware.
• Efficient Documentation.
• Physical security of rack, servers and monitoring of the same.
• Awareness of Flooring systems, cooling systems, Power Infrastructure, Fire protection is plus
• In-depth hardware knowledge of RAID controllers, different types cable ( cat6, fibre ), severs and network equipment is plus
Linux admin profile:
• Bootstrapping and Installing of servers based on debian
• Knowledge of RAID, JBOD,
• Configuration management with puppet/chef.
• Montoring and alerting with nagios, cacti, ganglia etc.
• Knowledge of bash/perl scripting is plus.Skill Set:
Hardware "amp Networking