Job Description:What Youll do?
Cloud Infrastructure Platform Services (CIPS) organization, plays a very critical role within Cisco IT. We provide a wide range of infrastructure platform services such as DataCenter, Networking, Compute, Storage, and Databases to the vast internal IT community supporting various Cisco business functions. With the ever growing complex infrastructure needs, the organization has embarked on an exciting journey to provide on-demand, performant, and elastic infrastructure foundational services built on an OpenStack private cloud. The various services include Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Database as a Service (DBaaS).
The Database and Replication Services group within the CIPS organization is looking for a IT Engineer who will build and support its DBaaS solutions using DevSecOps as a means to support databases service offerings and to automate the provisioning, maintenance, and monitoring of the systems spread geographically across multiple data centers. You are passionate about data, user experience and have strong code development skills with an inclination to learn.Who youll work with
This team is a dynamic group of highly accomplished and motivated database architects, engineers and developers that manage business critical database systems for Cisco IT. The team is also engaged in developing the next generation cloud based database services. The team supports diverse databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra among others.What You Are:
Self-starter, passion to learn technologies, good communicator, critical thinking, problem solving, ability to stay focused while working under pressure.Skills Required/Experience
Deep understanding of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra and relational databases such as MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL. Experience in working on linux systems. Experience and exposure to OpenStack software/virtualization to control pools of compute, storage, network and build platforms on top of OpenStack VMs. Ability to implement and operate scalable database architectures across availability zones and sites, using building blocks of open stack. Experience in Scaled Agile Framework, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model is required along with exposure to toolset such as Jenkins, Git/BitBucket and JIRA. You should have strong exposure to DevSecOps methodology and lead scrum teams.
You will have expertise level knowledge and experience of PYTHON and PYTHON REST frameworks along with ANSIBLE.
Good knowledge of software design patterns, and Object-Oriented Programming conceptsExperience with Django Web Framework and writing SQL queries
You will have 8-10 Years of overall IT experience and leading successful SCRUM teams.Why Cisco
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a phenomenal Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything people, process, data and things taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more from Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Dont care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? Thats cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!#WeAreCisco#CIPS#LI-VANESSA