PrimeSoft is seeking a Dev. Ops Support Engineer with solid experience in Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform, good knowledge in Windows 2012 Server, SQL Server administration, excellent troubleshooting and good communication skills. This role will primarily focus on providing Level 1 / Level 2 support to the client’s internal customers, supporting production and non-production environments, configuration management, deployment automation and troubleshooting activities. The Dev. Ops Support Engineer is expected to perform all or most of the following activities:
• As part of the Cloud Dev. Ops team the candidate will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting PaaS (Platform as a Service) & IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) components hosted in Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform
• Build and maintain tools and frameworks that support deployment automation, health-check of applications and patching activities
• Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments
• Analyze logs to support and troubleshoot application, infrastructure issues in production / non-production environments
• Design, build, and deliver dashboards and reports to monitor applications and underlying cloud infrastructure to identify bottlenecks causing degradation of service quality and/or availability
• Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies
• Evaluate tools, technologies and processes to improve efficiency and scalability of continuous integration environments
• The selected candidate shall be a self-starter and can work independently on identified platforms and take ownership of Dev. Ops activities.
• Minimum 2+ years of experience with Azure cloud-based provisioning, deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting and related Dev.Ops technologies
• Good understanding of Cloud Computing Concepts, Service Models, Deployment Models, associated tools and technologies – Specifically, good experience with IaaS and PaaS offerings from Azure, etc.
• Strong experience in Splunk (Dashboards, Alerts, Reports, etc.) and proven ability to triage / investigate issues and determination of root cause
• Good Experience with application performance monitoring systems like AppInsights
• Good experience in Windows Server administration and ability to troubleshoot complex issues independently
• Experience with Microsoft SQL server database, troubleshooting server performance issues, etc.
• Good understanding of source control / configuration management tools such as Microsoft TFS and test management tools like Microsoft Test Manager
• Basic understanding of concepts like Routing, Load Balancing, Redundancy, Disaster Recover, VPN, Firewalls, etc.
• Willingness to work in shifts, late evenings and/or weekends
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills