Primary Responsibilities/Brief Job Description:
Firmware design and development for wireless routers connecting to Cellular broadband modems. Bring up new router platforms and provide support to peripherals.
* Utilize software development skills to design, code, and implement new router features.
* Investigate microprocessors and peripherals for wireless routers.
* Understand Networking protocols and how to implement/troubleshoot on hardware. For example, Virtual LAN 802.1q implementation on an Ethernet switch.
* Coordinate with different departments and multiple teams to determine software needs.
* Requirements gathering and feature definition: plan, scope, and document requirements for feature or projects.
* Document development and create unit tests, work with automated test framework to create integration tests and regression tests.
Requirements (Education, Experience, etc.):
* Experience in Linux or Unix kernel, driver, or application programming is critical.
* Strong experience in C programming and debugging skills on embedded platform is critical.
* Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills are essential.
* Ability to contribute in a small team environment and deliver quality firmware on schedule.
* Familiarity with 802.11-based wireless LAN protocols and routing a plus.
Degree/ Education Required:
* BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.