The Data Governance (DG) team is part of Informatica’ s Core Metadata Group. Informatica Data Governance helps data-driven organizations realize the full potential value of their data assets while simultaneously managing risk and compliance. It enables data stewards, data architects and chief data officers to define, measure and monitor the effectiveness of their governance programs and ensures effective collaboration amongst all governance stakeholders throughout the organization. Your Opportunity
We are looking for a Development Manager with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software to join the DG team in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a high-performance engineering team that designs, develops and delivers a significant aspect of the governance product. You will own and deliver a complex, enterprise-ready governance solution that can work on Cloud as well as on-premise Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual with high standards of excellence to help strengthen Informatica’s data governance charter. The ideal candidate will have solid management and delivery skills combined with several years of hands-on experience with enterprise software development. It is important for the candidate to be a hands-on manager, performing design and coding activities apart from the primary responsibility of managing a small team of developers. Your Responsibilities
As an integral part of the DG R&D team, you will be responsible for the following –
- Development of new functionalities and maintenance of existing features of the Informatica Axon product line.
- Managing and leading the development team towards new releases and maintenance of earlier releases using Agile Scrum methodologies, which includes technical evaluation, estimation, development and dev quality process
- Collaborating with peers, including QA managers, architects, product manager, program manager, documentation manager
- Working with customer support organization in delivering hotfixes, emergency bug fixes and patches on a need basis
- Hiring engineers and performance review of direct reports
- Mentoring and providing technical guidance to team members
- Reporting to the Director of Development on all aspects of product development and team management
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- About 10 years of experience in developing innovative enterprise products, of which at least 1 year in management role
- Experience in hiring developers, conducting performance reviews, developing technical and project proposals is mandatory
- Excellent coding and design skills in Java server-side technologies
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Linux, Tomcat is mandatory
- Familiarity with open-source frameworks and API standards.
- Strong understanding of Object oriented design and programming.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Agile development process is mandatory