The Enterprise Data Catalog team is part of Informatica’s Core Metadata Group. Enterprise Data Catalog is Informatica's machine-learning-based data catalog that lets you classify and organize data assets across cloud, on-premises, and big data. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise. Refer https://www.informatica.com/products/big-data/enterprise-data-catalog.html for more details on the product. Your Opportunity
We are looking for a Development Manager with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software to join the CMG group in our Hyderabad location. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a high-performance engineering team that designs, develops and delivers a significant aspect of the metadata product, primarily in the connectivity area. You will own and deliver a complex, enterprise-ready connectivity solution that can work on Cloud as well as on-premise and connects to a wide range of data sources & ecosystems.Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual with high standards of excellence to help strengthen Enterprise Data Catalog’s connectivity charter. The ideal candidate will have solid management and delivery skills combined with several years of hands-on experience with Java enterprise software development. It is important for the candidate to be a hands-on manager, performing design and coding activities apart from the primary responsibility of managing a small team of developers. Your Responsibilities
As an integral part of the CMG R&D team, you will be responsible for the following –
- Development of new connectors that bring core metadata from external systems, using Java technologies, as part of EDC product releases.
- Managing and leading the development team towards new releases and maintenance of earlier releases using Agile Scrum methodologies, which includes technical evaluation, estimation, development and dev quality process
- Collaborating with peers, including QA managers, architects, product manager, program manager, documentation manager
- Working with customer support organization in delivering hotfixes, emergency bug fixes and patches on a need basis
- Hiring engineers and performance review of direct reports
- Mentoring and providing technical guidance to team members
- Reporting to the Director of Development on all aspects of product development and team management
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- About 10 years of experience in developing innovative enterprise products, of which at least 1 year in management role
- Experience in hiring developers, conducting performance reviews, developing technical and project proposals is mandatory
- Excellent coding and design skills in Java server-side technologies
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Linux, Tomcat is mandatory
- Experience with database concepts, SQL programming and/or NoSQL technologies is mandatory
- Good working knowledge of Hadoop infrastructure like YARN, Ambari and distributions like Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR is not mandatory but an added advantage
- Exposure to and experience with applications like Oracle, SAP, Tableau, Salesforce, QlikView, Microstrategy, Teradata, Cognos etc., will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with open-source frameworks and API standards.
- Strong understanding of Object oriented design and programming.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Agile development process is mandatory