Cisco Seeks System Software Development team that is responsible for one of Cisco's highest revenue products, the highend enterprise routing Product family. As we continue to passionately expand our business, we are adding new features and products to our existing portfolio. You will champion new methodologies and craft scalable software solutions that interact with widely deployed Internet products, thereby touching an endless number of users worldwide. Who You'll Work With
Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into new technology areas and market segments. You demonstrates a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component. Broad knowledge of and exposure to network protocols as well as embedded and real-time operating system are needed for success in this role. Participate (may seek a lead role) on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for Cisco products. Requires use of a strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation, on projects. What You'll Do
Roles and Responsibilities
Who You Are
- Focus on system software development for high-end routing platforms.
- Master software architecture, maintain/enhance quality of existing code base and implement new features in areas like stacking, nonstop forwarding, stateful switchover, supervisor card, line card and chassis management, in service software upgrade, pluggable optics etc.
- Participate in design and code reviews in a team spread across geographical boundaries
- Debug, root cause and resolve complex system issues
- Work very closely with ASIC and hardware teams for reviewing specifications, bringing up new hardware, debugging hardware/software interaction issues and implementing any workarounds that might be required
- Will apply knowledge of L2/L3 protocols to understand newer protocols/features.
- Design applications involving multi-platforms.
- Design and develop new software product features.
- Give creative ideas for multiple module architecture. Define product internal/external interfaces.
- Write complete functional and design specs independently.
- Work closely on L1/PHY related functionality.
- Deep understanding of hardware intefaces such as SGMII, XAUI, XFI, XLAUI, CAUI.
- Typically requires Masters with 6+ years of related experience, or Bachelors with 8+ years of experience in real-time embedded s/w development
- Proficiency in C programming
- Experience with Asic programming
- Experience with L1/PHY, L2/MAC programming.
- L2 and Routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP, RIP, ISIS, etc)
- Understanding on QoS, ACL, MacSec will be added advantage
- Experience on Polaris will be added advantage.
- System architecture design for networking products such as routers and L2 softwares.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are forming teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as an excellent Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who arent afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.