Job Description : Reports To
: Head Purchase
Origin Consultants Pvt Ltd an Executive Search Services Company has been retained by a Leading Manufacturer Of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients And Pharma Intermediates to identify Deputy General Manager Purchase (Raw Material & Packaging Procurement) to be based at Dombivili, Mumbai Job Description The position of the Deputy General Manager Purchase Raw Material & Packaging Procurement) is based at Dombivili and reports to the Head Purchase. Key Responsibilities include the following
Desired Candidate Profile
- Handle procurement cycles, lead times and purchasing requirements within overall business process of acquisition of goods or services, and minimization of response time while ensuring needs are met in a timely, satisfactory and cost effective manner
- Procurement of indigenous raw materials, packing material including vendor negotiation
- Procurement of imported Raw materials
- Ensures compliance to quality, safety & environmental standards as per ISO
- Planning / Budgeting / Policy guidelines for purchase of RM / PM to meet production plans
- Assisting Q.A. In RM/PM vendor audits
- Contribution to the process of purchase planning and develop materials dept. plans
- Vendor development of indigenous RM & PM
- Determine the appropriate source selection for materials, services, considering cost, quality and reliability.
- Work closely with project management/site offices and accounts department on all relevant issues such as quality, delivery payments etc.
- Implement latest strategy and process for achieving uninterrupted supply chain at best price and for best quality.
- Cost reduction through development of alternate suppliers and alternate materials.
- Ensure proper compliance of the Central Excise Act and Rules framed there-under and as modified from time to time.
- Track new technologies & trends in the domestic & global arena. Keep abreast of market conditions, new developments and techniques of manufacture.
- Problem solving
- B.E. Chemical / M.Sc and MBA with 9 to 15 years of experience in the Chemicals / Pharmaceuticals Sector
- PG in Materials Management Desirable
- Should have handled procurement of material for R&D, plants and support functions
- Knowledge of procurement of material with procedure
- Chemical & Pharma Product Knowledge
- Operating system Knowledge
- Purchase info & intelligence
- Purchase Policy and purchase system Improvement
- Relationship Management
For inclusion in our knowledge base & to keep abreast of Career Opportunities that match your profile connect to
To Discuss Your Profile Call: on +91-22-28261800 ABOUT ORIGIN CONSULTANTS PVT LTD
which partners with Professional Organizations in a Human Resource Consulting Process aimed at Talent Acquisition, Recruitment and Selection of Organizational Leaders.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Origin Consultants Pvt Ltd focuses on Senior and Middle Management positions across and . Origin Consultants has established delivery teams and technology infrastructure at Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and New Delhi.
With a Strong Network of Professionally Qualified and Experienced Candidates, Origin Consultants have conducted numerous successful Executive Searches for their Clients. Customers of Origin Consultants range from Startups to established Fortune 500 Clients and From the Largest Indian Corporations to Global MNC Multinationals.